55.gif

Search (advanced search)
Use this Search form before posting, asking or make a new thread.
Tips: Use Quotation mark to search words (eg. "How To Make Money Online")

11-30-2013, 09:24 PM
TrueTwit validation. Until Twitter's DM bug is fixed copy this link WHAT'S THAT???
TrueTwit validation. Until Twitter's DM bug is fixed copy this link

This is the message that I find in almost any direct message sent me by new twitter followers...
What does it mean???
How to eliminate that??
11-30-2013, 09:35 PM (This post was last modified: 11-30-2013 09:35 PM by katiemoo.)
RE:
You should do what the rest of us do - When you receive one of those True Twit Validation DMs, report it as spam and then tweet that you reported it and why. Be sure to use "@GoTrueTwit" and "#TrueTwit" in those tweets.

Destroy true twit.
11-30-2013, 09:47 PM
RE:
Yes I wondered as well, did a search and came up with this from part of an article:

TrueTwit is a diabolical little app that turns Twitter users into spambots by sending a DM (direct message) to everyone who chooses to follow them stating, “[so-and-so] uses TrueTwit Validation Service. Please click here to validate.” The link then leads to a “verification” page on TrueTwit’s website, where the victim (the person who was unfortunate enough to follow a TrueTwit user) must solve a captcha puzzle in order to be blessed by the mysterious TrueTwit gods and declared–cue the singing of angels–to be not a spambot. Ostensibly this is so the TrueTwit user can be “confident” that if they follow the victim back, they’re not following a spambot. In other words, TrueTwit is a computer that asks a human being to solve a captcha puzzle to prove they are not a computer.
12-01-2013, 05:18 AM
RE:
OK guys but this means that almost ALL OF MY NEW FOLLOWERS are signed up for twitvalidation??? Is that possible???

19.gif