79.gif

Search (advanced search)
Use this Search form before posting, asking or make a new thread.
Tips: Use Quotation mark to search words (eg. "How To Make Money Online")

11-12-2020, 01:00 PM (This post was last modified: 11-18-2020 12:12 PM by Lumos.)
Software As A Service: Do you REALLY know about SAAS ??
Looking through BBHF and seeing so many SAAS things - both as 'found' freebie open doors as well as things for sale has me wondering if very many folks here give any thoughts to what the SAAS things really are as well as what they can do for their owners ??

1st:
SAAS = Software As A Service.

This means that to use a SAAS, you must have an account at the owner's site, and be logged into that to use it as all that it does is based upon their site having 100% control over what goes in and what goes out.

So here are some things you may wish to consider:

Your SAAS membership looks great, works like you think it should, and you are pulling in a little $ for your efforts, maybe even enough to cover your costs...so what is wrong ??

- When someone owns a SAAS - what is to stop them from using ALL OF IT it for themself, invisibly, since ALL the user's data will all be there in the databases - which the owner can access fully, free for the taking ??

- When any of these things claim to be based upon AI it is inevitably an open lie simply because most folks do not know that AI requires large budgets and resources and is not very commonly used yet in 2020.

- Mostly these things are hosted on some really crummy, cheap assed hosting with all the pitfalls that go with that sort.

- All of these SAAS things owned by IMers cost something to keep running, so there's no way to know how long they can be used for, and when it is no longer beneficial to the owner via new sign-ups and/or stolen data - they can just pull the plug - anytime.

- You don't know it, but some very clever coding there is re-routing 90% of your traffic promised by the SAAS to the clever owner's money site and it is so well done that they are making 9X what you are - and - you have no way to find that redirection, pretty much ever.

- Like the example above, but your goal is building a list or a membership.
Mr. clever owner has full access like in the other examples and is silently collecting around 90% of your leads very happily, for his own uses...presto - thanks for doing all the hard work sucker (says he).

- You are all sorts of happy because being a member here at BBHF enabled you to join one of those marvelous SAAS sites that is normally $499.00 - for nada;
Super deal right ??

Sure - but what you cannot know is that they do not care about the backdoor members coming from here because (get it yet ??)=>
They are taking 80% or more of your traffic, list, profits or whatever right up front BEFORE the visitors ever reach your offer !!

Cha-ching !!
Very happy IMers with their pretend pushbutton 'system' - and guess what is the frosting on their big, fancy cake ??
The folks (suckers...) who actually DID pay the full $499.00 so that they could rake in less than they spent, EVER;
Quadruple dipping at its finest.

Bottom line:
If you are just someone like most of us here simply wanting to make a few bucks to get by, there are NO GUARANTEES that what you get from any SAAS is truly trustworthy - EVER.

Summing up all of the above now=>
Why would you EVER bother with SAAS things that are put out by sneaky, lying IMers who cheat in ALL possible ways ?!?

61heart 61heart 61heart 61heart 61heart 61heart 61heart
I totally despise board spammers and spambots !!!
11-13-2020, 11:51 AM (This post was last modified: 11-13-2020 11:52 AM by Lumos.)
RE: SAAS: Do you REALLY know about them ??
And...
With only a dozen views here, it sure seems like folks PREFER to remain ignorant about this topic.

OK.

Whatever.

Hitface Mad Slap Hitface
11-13-2020, 05:41 PM
Thank you for your effort and time taken to put this together!
11-18-2020, 12:10 PM
Sad - but also funny...
Seems like so few folks know the acronym 'SAAS' that very few have bothered to have a look at this thread.

Hopefully those same folks will not find themselves very disappointed after having high hopes for something that made big promises, then stole their data right out from under them.
11-18-2020, 12:23 PM
Sounds true to me but you just hope that most don't and be as wise as you can with the ones you choose. But in real business most will to a point...from Facebook to the phone companies they all take...use and sell your data...
33.gif
11-18-2020, 01:21 PM
RE: Software As A Service: Do you REALLY know about SAAS ??
Saas should be used with caution. I use some services when it comes to prospecting but when leading the customers to my offers, I lure them through my own systems to avoid them landing on the Saas owners. As for the rest, I believe it is a devil to live with. Look at Microsoft, Google, and many more giants who made a shit load of money using our data. Yes, I agree with you but you don't have other alternatives, unless if you have deep pockets to make that happen. Apart from that, if the Saas owner uses S***** hosting, a platform that doesn't serve you right, the least you can do is charge them back.
11-21-2020, 11:41 AM
When they are normally 100% free AND useful after making a sign-up I will use one - as long as I needn't entrust it to be storing any important data - picture hosting, for example.
BUT:
I prefer to avoid any that are normally paid for, even if I can get into it for free, as adding a direct profit motive seems to be what usually dooms them to being short-lived from what I've seen.
11-21-2020, 03:25 PM
It is well worth the few minutes of effort to search POSTS here at BBHF for SAAS - the have a look at how many of these type things are for sale here, as well as all the backdoor ways to get them here for free.

All of the above clearly demonstrates what this thread was posted to warn members here about.
61heart 61heart 61heart 61heart 61heart 61heart 61heart
11-25-2020, 12:21 PM
If there is a demo account and let people test it then maybe that is one way to make this thing roll
12-17-2020, 04:32 PM
With more and more IMers discovering that commissioning a SAAS is more profitable than making and selling actual products for folks to DL - the info posted here is more important than ever to be aware of.
34.gif

5.gif