65.gif

Search (advanced search)
Use this Search form before posting, asking or make a new thread.
Tips: Use Quotation mark to search words (eg. "How To Make Money Online")

09-07-2013, 08:44 PM
So I figured something out today that made me feel really stupid
Like many of you I have several domains that I have to keep track of. I am new to the IM world as well as site creation, and today I finally found something out that made me feel [i]really[/] stupid :(

In the near past I had thought it was ridiculous that you could not transfer a newly registered domain for the first 60 days due to the ICANN rule. This lead me to believe that I HAD to use the hosting plan that the registrar provided...so I have been paying for a total of three separate hosting plans because I had several domains though various companies and I was waiting for them to unlock. A couple of the domains have been parked for no reason because I thought I could not use them for 60 days until they were unlocked. Welp, turns out that's a crock of crap. I have wasted money and potential money because I just accepted it for what it appeared to be. Turns out all you have to do is change the DNS and you can do this whether it is locked or not. Wow. The more you learn.

I am ashamed to admit I am a CS major. This is what I get for putting off that basic IT course for two years.

Cheers.
09-13-2013, 11:25 PM
RE:
Well at least you learnt ! Not sure who your registrar is they all look so confusing and they are so sneaky with their terms and conditions. Looks so pretty in the signup page.
I went with namesilo.com for my domain registration, no hassle, plain and simple no hidden BS.

Cheers !
09-13-2013, 11:41 PM
RE:
nice learning...cheers

56.gif