38.gif

Search (advanced search)
Use this Search form before posting, asking or make a new thread.
Tips: Use Quotation mark to search words (eg. "How To Make Money Online")

10-28-2013, 08:50 AM (This post was last modified: 10-28-2013 08:51 AM by Sumiko.)
[Req] How to find and edit CAPABILITIES.PHP for WordPress
I have a plugin that creates an error when used with wordpress 3.7 I opened a ticket and was told

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is actually a known issue in the new WordPress 3.7 update. You could downgrade to 3.6 to fix it or do the following.

You need to add this line to the top of your CAPABILITIES.PHP file -

require_once ('pluggable.php');

so it looks like this -

<?php

require_once ('pluggable.php');

/**

* WordPress Roles and Capabilities.

If that doesn't fix it, please don't hesitate to get back in touch with me.

Thanks for your time and have a great day!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So apparently I'm asking a stupid question because the tech assumed I would know what CAPABILITIES.PHP was, where it is located and that I would know how to edit it. He assumed wrong. I'm still new. I never heard of CAPABILITIES.PHP or WorPress Roles and Capabilities and have no idea where to find it. This is both frustrating and embarrassing because it must be something simple but I can't figure it out. Is there anyone on BBHF that knows how to do this who could explain it to me? I have tried to get back in touch with the tech but apparently he doesn't work on weekends.

Thanks in advance.

Normal
11-02-2013, 08:42 PM
RE:
just edit /wp-includes/capabilities.php and replace this code, on line 1:
<?PHP

with this code:
<?PHP
require_once('pluggable.php');
or
Try re-uploading the wp-includes folder from a fresh download of WordPress.
11-04-2013, 05:28 PM
RE:
Thank you very much. +5 Rep for you.

82.gif