71.gif

Search (advanced search)
Use this Search form before posting, asking or make a new thread.
Tips: Use Quotation mark to search words (eg. "How To Make Money Online")

07-16-2012, 04:52 AM (This post was last modified: 07-28-2012 03:49 AM by zilla.)
Real Tips For Mailing Effectively
I've been mailing for a living 7 days a week for years now and I usually don't say anything, but I see way too much misinformation and just general ignorance when it comes to sending email so I will just clarify a few things to help shed some insight for those that genuinely want to learn so they can help themselves.

I will start with some information about this type of marketing.

When you see someone boast "Send millions of emails an hours" laugh and move on. When someone in this field or anything else refers to themselves as a "guru".. move on, there is nothing for you there but lies and deceit. Just so you know there are not many people/companies in the world that are capable of this and I can assure you that there is no emailer like sendblaster, maxprog, , etc that is going to do this. Period. Now so I don't just leave you hanging let me shed some light on this.

There are a lot of variables when it comes to emailing and all can have an equal factor so if you're missing it in just 1 place - it will hurt you. Please understand I do this for my income and have for years now, so I definitely am speaking from experience and not something that I was just "told".
  • -Content
  • -Ip reputation
  • -If you're mailing in the US, use ARIN (american ip)
  • -use of .tld (not a big difference, but can matter)
  • -Your LIST (this is one of the most important things)
  • -Blacklisting
  • -Whitelisting
  • -Remote Email Servers (meaning they all have their limits, depending on the mta and/or scripts that you use - which means a lot of email that is sent goes AWOL and never reaches it's destination due to limits, filters, etc)(each server has their own rules, limits and filters, ie yahoo, msn, gmail, etc
  • -URLs, I know this may be difficult to understand but when you use a URL in an email anything email with a link statistically 90+% chance it's unsolicited or junk so it can be filtered or blocked). Now I know you may be thinking to yourself, but almost every business email I have gotten has a link in it - well almost every business email is a "transactional email and typically the sending servers have good reputation and arent trying to jam 100's of thousands of emails down the remote servers throat, make sense?
  • -Misconfiguration of sending email server (smtp)
  • -Misconfiguration of front-end
  • -Bounce email configuration
  • -Feedback loops (or lack of)
  • -Return Path Certification (or lack of)
  • -DKIM (replaced domainkeys, I've tested over and over again and never noticed a difference between having just DKIM vs DKIM+domainkeys)
  • -Reverse DNS
  • -SPF Records
  • -SNDS (smart network data services)
  • -What information as far as footprints are in the headers of the emails you send
  • -How many people click "s pa.m"
  • -I can go on and on and on, but these are the basic essentials for anyone that is serious about using this type of marketing successfully
The people that can mail that kind of volume have been mailing themselves for years. They have custom front-ends, commercial-enterprise level back-end(MTA) and have a list that they've nurtured along with whitelisting or there is no way one can get that much volume out and it ACTUALLY make it to its destination. This is just the way it is.

I have to go so this is all I am going to write for now. I hope this helps you guys/gals some and if it keeps at least one person from getting ripped off by a scammer then it was well worth my time...

Enjoy

Tongue
07-17-2012, 07:13 AM
Great tips really appriciate it
07-17-2012, 03:11 PM
Awesome tips...you deserver reputation mate...thanks for sharing with us.. I have just started mass mailing and trying to learn.

Also thanks for replying my pm earlier when I asked noob question.
GET ACCESS TO THE BEST 35+ SEO AND SPY TOOLS https://tracking100.page.link/allimtools
07-24-2012, 08:19 PM
Hey thank you for the very difficult to find info. I have been trying to learn this the past bit and have been making plenty of mistakes along the way. :) Do you recommend something like Interspire? I have no problem throwing it on a remote server but what SMTP server to use? Or would it be smarter to do that yourself also?
[Image: affiliate-promo-material-1-banner-468x60-1.gif]
07-25-2012, 04:38 PM
Thank you very much :)

Im just starting with emailing.
Mailing from lots of freemail accounts atm.
My mails get spamlisted quickly because i send html emails with my affil link inside..

stupid i know ;)
40.gif
07-28-2012, 12:21 AM
RE:
TRUE THAT !
I was very fascinated about reading instant inbox, delivery in millions and stuff on all sorts of websites. But now i learned that there are a hell lot of factors that affect your delivery and inbox ratio after mailing for 10 months now. Thanks for the real update over here
08-05-2012, 03:21 AM
RE:
i would like to give you my deepest regards.actually i am going to start email marketing business.reading your thread i have learnt a lot of things about email marketing.
08-06-2012, 03:10 PM
RE:
proper settings on smtp server will get you inbox.
08-08-2012, 12:56 AM
RE:
dv23love, do not come here and spew ignorant non-sense in this thread....
10-11-2012, 11:19 PM
RE:
Delivering in the millions daily takes a considerable amount of warmed up ips with good sender score.

Even then if you don't follow best practices or get whitelisting you could still deliver straight to the spambox.

Good thing is with good targeted data and related offers you don't need to deliver to millions to make an awesome living.
72.gif

55.gif