10.gif

Search (advanced search)
Use this Search form before posting, asking or make a new thread.
Tips: Use Quotation mark to search words (eg. "How To Make Money Online")

05-12-2012, 04:53 PM
[REQ] Help with uBot - javascript popups
I don't know if this is the right section to put it, so if mods know better I apologize in advance for making a lil bit extra work for you moving the topic Blush ...

Anyway, I am working on a few ubot bots that automate certain boring manual tasks, and since I'm still new to iMacros and especially ubot scripting, I've ran on a problem that I'm trying to solve on my own for the last couple of hours, but somehow the solution seems elusive to me.

I guess we're all familiar with those annoying javascript popups that appear when we try to leave certain website. For example, this recent product launch from a well known Internet marketing "guru" Jamie Lewis

Code:
www.imwithjamie.com/imwithjamie_video_sales_nointro_ns_ref.php
DISCLAIMER: This is just as an example, I have nothing to do with him or his products nor I recommend any of this to anyone.

What I would like to know is whether there's a surefire way to make the uBot bot click that "Leave page" button, but I just can't find a proper f***ng way Angry. It would have to go something like this:

1. Click link
2. Wait x seconds
3. Click link
4. If popup appears, then click "Leave page", else wait x seconds (this is the problematic part, I know how to do the if-then-else, but can't find a proper way to make the bot recognize there's a javascript popup - so freaking frustrating)
6. Click link
etc

Can anyone help please?
05-12-2012, 05:55 PM (This post was last modified: 05-12-2012 05:57 PM by numinis.)
RE: [REQ] Help with uBot - javascript popups
I am not familiar with uBot yet, but I was wondering whether it's possible to use keyboard commands with uBot. Because you can also leave those pop-ups by just clicking "Enter", so then you could set the bot to click, enter, click.

Just an idea.

Edit: After reviewing your problem, I think this won't solve it directly. But most of these sites don't have set a focus. So when you hit the enter button nothing will happen when there is no focus, but when the pop-up shows up, something will happen.

Hope this can help you.
05-12-2012, 06:52 PM
OK, so to clarify further, I've found a way to automate some of the manual traffic exchange sites directly, without the need for captcha services or stuff... (I know I know, shit traffic, but there are ways to use it when there's sufficient volume, I know from experience). The idea is to let the bot run on my VPS without me doing any of the mindless clicking at all.

Thing is, certain websites shown, after you click the "Next" button or image verification or whatever that particular traffic exchange requires you to click to see the next website, they have these kinds of popups that I've shown in the example in my first post. The popup literally freezes the bot - it can't continue surfing until I manually click "leave this page" on the javascript popup.

If anybody has any idea what to do, I'm all ears - I've tried searching the uBot forums and tutorials and stuff - I see I'm not the only one with that kind of problems but I can't find an easy fix anywhere...

BTW I have uBot 3.5
05-12-2012, 11:40 PM (This post was last modified: 05-13-2012 12:16 AM by rovad.)
Judging from my observations, the javascript popup that appears after you try to leave the website pops OUTSIDE of uBot browser, just like a normal Internet explorer popup would popup if you would use Internet explorer normaly... So, I've just disabled the Active Scripting in the Internet Options and it works fine now :D.

It's really Murphy law, every time some problem frustrates me for hours and days I find some stupid simple solution...

If anyone stumbles across this topic for similar reasons I've started it for, just do as I said:
1. Internet Options in IE
2. Security Tab
3. Custom level
4. Scroll down to Active Scripting, choose disable
5. Yes, OK, Yes, Apply blah blah
6.?
7. Profit
;)

EDIT: Yeah, well, now the website itself is not working properly, seems like the whole system was done with some javascript Sad . Now I can't surf Oh crap Verysad

85.gif