41.gif

Search (advanced search)
Use this Search form before posting, asking or make a new thread.
Tips: Use Quotation mark to search words (eg. "How To Make Money Online")

11-07-2014, 11:42 PM
NewHorizon scam
Hello all, I know this may not belong in this category, but I really feel like venting about this school to warn anybody that may get a call or think they can find opportunity from this place.

First off it New Horizon learning center, its not an official school its a place to focus on getting any and all needed IT certifications. However they will sell you a lot of bull upfront to get you to get into one of the Regional locations. The good thing is that they have really good instructors that know what they are talking about on the subject matter and give real life examples. The classroom is full of PC's with dual screen monitors for the classes, and provide you with Lab exercises that can really help boost your knowledge on IT exercises.

Now lets get to the scam part of it, the instructors are online only even if they are physically located there which means if you are studying A+, you wont get to interact with the real hardware unless you are bold enough to "experiment" with the computer next to you that nobody is using. Also it gives no reason why you should even be going to this 'Learning center" in the first place.

With that being explained this is how they really get into business with their "tactic", they sold me on the 'all certs' and 'Placement TEAM' ideas which really sounds good if you want to get a good IT Job, since im changing career fields at the moment I wanted to make a move on this and work with them ASAP to get away from a sucky temp Job I held. Next is the Tuition of course, being a vet I had VA that takes care of it which is why I went in the first place. Then upon arrival you get all the New guy treatment intros to the classroom and who is supposed to be handling or helping you with your schedule, however this is to distract you from the things that they promised "PLACEMENT TEAM".

It was week 2 before I could even get to meet this 'team', and to add insult it consisted of 1 freaking person!! Now over the phone they told me that they had a team which means more than 1, also that they would market you immediately based on your certs, in which I had 2 of the basic. Then comes the real bull, they cant transfer you to any other location out of the so called 300 centers nationwide??? No why the hell is that? Its because they want VETERANS to come to that 1 center that recruits them so that they can get the Government check. This is starting to sound like a scam right?? They also record your calls to make sure that you cant get a full refund either in case you don't have any other tuition program.

Here is the last fun fact, I had a meeting with the 1 person placement team, and I was lead to an office in the back, upon entry I noticed what looked like an flight simulator device, a game console and the typical worker bee style cubical. When one of them noticed they Panicked, and told me that I could not come in this room for any reason. HMMM perhaps I was looking at a multi level scam in place and they were afraid that I would squeal. Oh they also recruited a guy that lived over 600 miles away stating that they would pay for the trip.... to this day they are still dodging him.

The rundown:
-Its a good place to focus
-You can get the certs you need if you know the subject well
-You can get them all if your a veteran
-Make sure you get everything in writing

I have more but I think that is enough to give for this community, I hope that helps anyone out on this forum.
-Watch them carefully

29.gif