57.gif

Search (advanced search)
Use this Search form before posting, asking or make a new thread.
Tips: Use Quotation mark to search words (eg. "How To Make Money Online")

03-01-2015, 03:39 AM (This post was last modified: 03-01-2015 03:43 AM by acassim.)
My Hourney Page 1 - White Hat
People I speak to don't understand the journey and the frustration with building a website and then getting it ranked... and the happiness and excitement of seeing your [Reported by Members as SPAM THREAD]!

A little background, this was a small project born out of passion to get women empowered. Basically telling them that you can make money online! Anyway, I launched my website on 21 July 2014.

There were a few strategies that I added to the mix with regards to how to leverage off social media, back end with SEO using yoast, analytics integration, alt tags, meta tag, branding across different elements that contribute to the overall awareness into the website etc etc.

I then crafting out each article word for word using specific keywords. To date I created 27 articles (the last 2 months I only added 2 as I started focusing on a physical business since I thought internet marketing wasn't working out for me). My subscriber base is only 20 people, 67 facebook fans, 43 twitter followers. I only had an average of 20 page views per day and this has increased to around 80 as of now. I upload new articles based on my target audience internet usage habits by looking at analytics reports.

Everything I did was white hat. No rushing as I thought of this as a little passion. Its not written out as a blog site but has a corporate look and feel with consistent branding elements across social media channels.

I am so excited to announce that my website is ranking on page 1 as of February 2015. This is top of fold on target country google search (3rd website against competitors who have been around for over 5 years and page 1 google.com - lower half - with hundreds of competitor websites).

I had no clue until I saw adsense reports leading me to understand that someone cloned the entire website and 3 different domain names (kind of frustrating knowing that someone out there is just too lazy to do their own thing if they want to make money). Bittersweet for me as I know that what I did has worked. I have since removed the 3 domain names from adsense reports specifying them as non authorised as I don't want to lose the adsense account.

Guys, all I have to say is be patient, try white hat methods to avoid being penalised - adsense, social followers etc. Don't look at internet marketing as a get rich scheme. You will see rewards even if they are slow.

My current business idea was born out of this and am now working with SMB's on online marketing strategies using their web presence as a tool. Mods I am not selling services here as I have gotten too busy to even maintain this website (and the other 2 that I started at the same time).

Just a little inspiration for those who are thinking that whatever they are doing has no rewards. Mine doesn't even have much of a monetary reward but more of a feeling that you can achieve something if you are passionate enough.

Build it and they will come! Make your site a trusted authority in your chosen niche and you will get there eventually - and the monetary reward will come with time!

Thats all I have to offer from my side. Thanks for reading.

Ahh... please edit the title! Should read my Journey!!!! And I have no idea what that reported as spam thread. All i said was the the happiness and excitement of seeing your site ranking.

58.gif