66.gif

Search (advanced search)
Use this Search form before posting, asking or make a new thread.
Tips: Use Quotation mark to search words (eg. "How To Make Money Online")

04-12-2016, 08:36 PM
My Blogging Experience Review – Is It worth blogging
In the month of September 2015, I took one of the greatest decision have ever made online: Going into blogging.

I stopped buying various junk materials online. Deactivated myself from various forum and threads to start something of my own.

Have actually learnt a lot over the years both from good and bad teachers, having real and junk materials from so called gurus all lying all over my hard disk.

I did a lot of cleaning up on my PC and decide to arrange the ones I left behind after reading a book that teaches how to arrange your mindset.

This is my first time writing a quarterly report of my activities online and have determined this would continue.

I believed it written for me and not for you as I see it as a tool to keep my track and to keep me on track not only if I make any bucks online but to get a snapshot of my online views as it relates to my offline views, understanding the trend and progress of my life.

Have being thinking of starting something online for a long time but the challenges in my country are just too enormous and they keep bordering me if it won’t disturb my activities online. From epileptic power supply to very slow internet speed with no internet access if you make a visit to some locations.

I wasn’t enjoying the job I was doing as an electrical electronics graduate as I don’t have time for myself and not even for the money I make from the job as I spend 11hrs at work each week except on Sundays. I have lots of passion for the internet since a friend introduced me to some programs while in school.

Two thought ravaged my mind:

1) Will I survive online if I quit my pay job?

2) How long will I stay online before I will start making money to care for myself?

After struggling with my mind for months, I came across timothy ferriss book “four hour a week” and after reading through ,I got the understanding I needed to survive online as my environmental problem is never a factor to deny me the right to succeed online.

It was a bold step to resigned from work, took my bag with the little money I have and relocated to a single room apartment in a city where internet speed is still okay at least 40 kb/s .

Then I began a new career.

Have only decided to publish it online for you to go through too. Who knows, you may be inspired or motivated to pick-up an idea or probably learn a lesson.
Content creation

I never love writing as I find it really difficult right from my inception online. I wondered how authors write their books with many pages. This was my first challenge after I made my decision for blogging.

I struggles to put up something.

I came across an article that thought how to pick up ideas to write about online. I also got a content on how to write articles on anything at all .I was able to build a template for myself on how my content should be structured.

I published my first content on 2 of October 2015 and at the time of writing this post, have published 8 epic content on this blog resulting to an average of 3 per month and a total of 10,256 words. Am yet to be stable in my content publishing as I would want to really feed my audience as much as possible.

Product Launch

Am yet to write or promote any book of mine but am sure it would happen this year 2016.Have actually completed a report I would launch soon after completing the proofreading.

Am working on some other 4 materials which would be launched sequentially. Have done a lot of research on how to sell it and have finally arrived on using the gumroad platform for the sales of all my product for now.

Video tutorials will also be included as have brought a new nice camera and video software to give the best quality to whatever knowledge and trying to pass to the audience.

Why not signup into my newsletter so I can notify you when this materials are out.

Traffic

My first few weeks working online was a hell, no one was checking on the blog except myself who comes in to check if anybody actually came to check anything or probably read. I didn’t feel frustrated or tired on my decision rather I keep make contribution on forums with my signature pointing to the blog.

I used reddit a lot as a social platform to reach out to audience. I tweet on twitter and also make post on 3 other social media sites.

Here is my traffic screenshot at start

oct slide

The month of November makes a change on my blog traffic status as I started seeing some traffic spikes..

nov slide

A total of 18,704 audience have visited my blog since inception 3 month ago. Making it an average of 6,234 per month and an average of 201 per day.It might not mean a lot to some of you but it mean a lot to me, infact I never believed I would be here.

alltime slide

Behind The Scene

When I started this blog, I wanted the best for myself in terms of everything,yet it must be affordable as am operating on low budget. I brought a host from a company and installed my wordpress.

Theme was another factor to consider. I know little about coding but I want a theme that can complement my effort in terms of blog look, must be seo ready and must be light enough to load fast so I went for Genesis framework from studiopress and specifically installed generate pro theme because I need to build subscribers into my list.

I installed some couple of plugins both free and premium to help the blog. This includes:

Simple sitemap

contact form 7,

Google analytics dashboard for wp,

Pretty link.

Hello Bar

Pretty link lite

Stop spam comments

Sumo me

W3 total cache

Thrive list

WordPress SEO premium

Uk cookie consent

Wordfence security

Shareholic

I later had problem with the host towards the end of the year, this made me moved to another host doing things myself after watching some couples of video from youtube.

The bad side is that I lost all my comment and some contents which I later re-published but could not regain the comments again.

I couldn’t backup the database perfectly.

Freelancing

While I was waiting to see anything happening on my blog, I fine-tuned my skills in graphic design, SEO, website auditing, web design and link building online for the fact that I have some basic knowledge in the past.

So, I went on part time freelancing to raise some money to feed myself, buy some necessary materials needed online, pay for my hosting and also keep subscribing for internet data usage. In summary here is my screen shot from the two platform I use:

Fiverr.com

Revenues

And from peopleperhour

slide 1

Revenue Generated

I know these the most interesting part anyone would like to read about.

Making money wasn’t that easy as most sales letter would paint it.But I won’t blame the so called gurus, we participate in a market where everything is hyped.

So if you don’t hype your product but try to say the truth, you may not sell at all.

Am yet to sell any product or training of my own or even join any affiliate platform to sell any product yet have actually met some clients through the blog probably after reading some of my content whom have really helped to solve some challenging problem from optimizing hell out of there wordpress blog to proper SEO task to online advertising consultation.

Have in total made $796 directly from the blog in the last three month which am expected to be tripled in the first quarter of this year 2016. Plus what have actually made from freelancing equals $7,481.33

I might totally stop freelancing so I can put full concentration on the growth of the blog and wait to see it succeed in full strength in no time from now.

I have outline lots of plans towards the growth of the blog. Am sure you will want to part of this. Why not subscribe to the monthly income update of the blog .

Enter your details below to get instant alert
to the blog monthly income report:
What went good?

Starting up: It was a bold step for me to start my blog. It was a big challenge to know if I would succeed or fail but no matter what happens, I was able to make up my mind to just start something. Am glad I started on a good note and somebody like you is reading through now.

Traveling: I would have called these a complete success if my visit to the world of the Americans was a success but was denied visa at the embassy. I didn’t feel bad even though have planned to know how Christmas is celebrated over there and probably meet my super online hero’s. Those whose content has brought me these far.Nevertheless, I still had a nice holiday traveling to meet my old friends. We really enjoyed ourselves.

Am sure my next attempt would work out probably to attend a conference as a facilitator or as an attendee and if you have run a cool conference, you can shoot me a mail.

Product creation: I was able to complete a book product of my own even though it not published yet. Am glad I have something soon to be on board. It was my first attempt to write a book and even handle every graphics involved.

Freelancing: My experiencing really went well as I was able raise fund to support my blog and also took care of myself as well. It a good way of living online but I don’t think you can live that freedom lifestyle I always wish.

What Went Bad

Stress: Starting out was a real stress for me as I have to work extra mile to get a lot of things done. From learning to implementation. I heard lots of sleepless night so I can acquire every skill needed for my online venture. This only happens at the start.

Traveling:My father actually traveled and visited lots of cities when he was young like me.I planned to travel wider and visit some cities in some countries. I only accomplished a few and couldn’t make it to the major ones.

Affiliate: Promoting products and getting commissions is a good and work-free way of making some extra cash online at the same time a means of keeping the blog alive. I was unable to get that done throughout last year due to PayPal restriction in my country.

Contents: One of my plan this year 2016 is to push out more contents as much as possible. I thought I could write more in 2015 but I didn’t meet up with the task.

Exploring 2016

My goals for 2016 are simple:

Do some research and come-up with some case studies on marketing online.

Write more contents for my audience consumption.
Grow my subscriber list.
Reachout to more audience.
Run affiliate through clickbank marketplace.
Be more religious
Have lots of fun too.

Did you enjoy this report? Why not share it with your friends and followers and also subscribe to the blog. Comments and compliments are also welcome.
04-12-2016, 09:58 PM
RE: My Blogging Experience Review – Is It worth blogging
good luck man
04-16-2016, 04:18 AM
Simply WOW! Keep pushing my friend. I've subscribed to your newsletter.
05-13-2016, 09:21 AM
((benzin1)),

I would like to congratulate you on stepping out and taking action! You are moving along nicely ... I've subscribed so I can follow your progress and cheer you on!

You've done a great job sharing helpful information in this thread. MAX 5+ REP given!!! Perfect 10

71.gif