70.gif

Search (advanced search)
Use this Search form before posting, asking or make a new thread.
Tips: Use Quotation mark to search words (eg. "How To Make Money Online")

09-06-2020, 05:44 PM (This post was last modified: 09-06-2020 05:50 PM by NithyaLife.)
Most Important Ranking Factor Solved
Folks

Here is something I really struggled for quite sometime. I would read some amazing success stories in few groups where people cracked ranking with mere onpage optimization and ultra fast loading.

But I really couldn't get myself around the various optimizations in WordPress, it appeared really complex and technical for me. So I switched to HTML site for the first time and I am elated what i see right after the site is published with no attention to quick loading.

This is right out of the box screenshot. While I wrote content, put high quality images, slider on home page, I didn't bother about site speed. So when made the site live, this is what I see below on GTmetrix and pingdom.

Note that- this is content heavy site, with enough use of images and even a huge slider on home page. This site has everything that a normal WordPress site would have. It has placeholders to add the all the scripts. so no issues there. I am using Rapify, looks awesome so far. I really feel so relaxed that i have a simple solution to a big technical problem.

And I have not used Cloudfare yet! So even more speed optimization to come.

So if you are like me, struggling with the technicalities of wordpress optimization, HTML site is the simple solution. People have almost forgotten using HTML sites. It is more useful than ever if your project permits it.

This is GTmetrix

[Image: 3NBxlX9.jpg]

Here is pingdom

[Image: 8A2gWAX.jpg]
09-14-2020, 02:42 PM
RE: Most Important Ranking Factor Solved
Great share (like all your SEO shares)!
Are you using an HTML page builder or just hand-coding (copy existing page, change text and links, etc.)?
09-15-2020, 01:13 AM
(09-14-2020 02:42 PM)ArnieAbrams Wrote:  Great share (like all your SEO shares)!
Are you using an HTML page builder or just hand-coding (copy existing page, change text and links, etc.)?

@ArnieAbrams, I mentioned in the post. I use Rapify now.
It is a website builder by Jack hoppman. Very easy and stable tool so far to be used in serious projects.

No more fond of wordpress now. For local sites, HTML is must and comes with obvious edge.
09-15-2020, 12:17 PM (This post was last modified: 09-15-2020 12:18 PM by Lumos.)
Thanks for this very illuminating thread NithyaLife !!

I had a very similar thing to what NithyaLife explains happen, but I had zero ideas about SEO at the time (several years ago).

A friend was unhappy with everything about his small (5 page) website.
It is just an info site for his small biz, and was doing nothing for him at all.

Turns out he was taken advantage of by a local 'website designer'.
She took a few pics of his, some text that he provided and made a WP site for him using a free theme.

Problems resulting:
- It was dead slow;
- His domain was actually registered to her, and he had no access to that - didn't even know that he was supposed to;
- His hosting was on her own hosting - again, with zero control;
- She charged him over $1000 to make the site + $200/year for domain and hosting;
- She also charged a minimum $100 for any update no matter how small.

Wow.
I grabbed straight HTML copies of each WP page (yes, you can do this too).
He had the woman contact me, and I got the credentials to access the site and domain reg.
I opened an account in his name and transferred the domain into his own account.
He asked for me to host it and do updates knowing they would be good and not overpriced.
I re-worked some functions like the links, contact page, G maps and newer text.
Uploaded the non-WP pages before it propagated.

And...
Directly after it went live he started getting more calls and emails from it.
The site became quite fast - and frankly I never got into any SEO for it as he has as much work as he can handle and even has to keep a waiting list at this point.

All this was done with nothing more complicated than a browser and the Kompozer web page editor.
For a WP site that is similarly uncomplicated, it is most likely quite possible to something just like what I did.

Best Wishes to All !!

61heart
61heart
61heart
I totally despise board spammers and spambots !!!
09-15-2020, 05:43 PM
(09-15-2020 12:17 PM)smithnowt Wrote:  Thanks for this very illuminating thread NithyaLife !!

I had a very similar thing to what NithyaLife explains happen, but I had zero ideas about SEO at the time (several years ago).

A friend was unhappy with everything about his small (5 page) website.
It is just an info site for his small biz, and was doing nothing for him at all.

Turns out he was taken advantage of by a local 'website designer'.
She took a few pics of his, some text that he provided and made a WP site for him using a free theme.

Problems resulting:
- It was dead slow;
- His domain was actually registered to her, and he had no access to that - didn't even know that he was supposed to;
- His hosting was on her own hosting - again, with zero control;
- She charged him over $1000 to make the site + $200/year for domain and hosting;
- She also charged a minimum $100 for any update no matter how small.

Wow.
I grabbed straight HTML copies of each WP page (yes, you can do this too).
He had the woman contact me, and I got the credentials to access the site and domain reg.
I opened an account in his name and transferred the domain into his own account.
He asked for me to host it and do updates knowing they would be good and not overpriced.
I re-worked some functions like the links, contact page, G maps and newer text.
Uploaded the non-WP pages before it propagated.

And...
Directly after it went live he started getting more calls and emails from it.
The site became quite fast - and frankly I never got into any SEO for it as he has as much work as he can handle and even has to keep a waiting list at this point.

All this was done with nothing more complicated than a browser and the Kompozer web page editor.
For a WP site that is similarly uncomplicated, it is most likely quite possible to something just like what I did.

Best Wishes to All !!

61heart
61heart
61heart

Awesome mate ! Yes, I heard many shares like this in last 6 months which prompted me to look for solution. Wordpress optimization is too complex for me, HTML sites are so easy. Thanks for your share again.
7.gif

34.gif