15.gif

Search (advanced search)
Use this Search form before posting, asking or make a new thread.
Tips: Use Quotation mark to search words (eg. "How To Make Money Online")

01-18-2023, 11:48 AM
RE: Merry MATT FUREY X-Mas Present- The Secret "MAGNETIC MILLIONAIRE PROGRAM"...
@Theo1

Been away on vacation (Dec 17, 2022 to Jan 18, 2023) and getting ready to head out again in about 1 week, so I am a bit late to the party.

As always your shares and comments are gold. Very much appreciated.

I for one am one of those people that went the "Education Route". I had zero loans and had to work my backside off to stay the course for 4 years. I was so poor during this time that during the last semester in year 4, I had no money for a dorm room. I was lucky that my buddy raised his bed on 4 cinder blocks and I slept on the floor under it on a camping mat.

I graduated with a BS in Computer Science and the day I step out in to the "Real World", my hard fought for education was obsolete.

I look back on those days without regret. The facts I learned and the systems we learned on were dead in the water, but I took more away from school than those. I was able to mature a bit, build the foundations for some skills that have served me well, and also learned that it was up to me, and me only, what results I was going to get in life.

To those that think of Matt as a "Dumb Jock", they are only showing their own ignorance. People tend to do what they can in the moment. Some have stumbled up better ways and smarter systems to move them towards their own goals in life. Some never see that they can have what they want it they open the door in their own minds and set themselves free.

I was lucky in that I had an accident that almost killed me. During that recover period I had a moment that changed the direction of my life forever.

An old, retired school teacher that was working in the Public Library handed me a book that opened my eyes to the lie most people are living.

We CAN have whatever we want in life if we are just clear on exactly what it is.... Then take ACTION steps towards it. The formula is simple and yet most people are clueless about "EXACTLY" what they want. Until you can answer that questions, you are just drifting along and the tide will take you were it wants to go.

Clarity + Action = Success

Thanks again for the share.

Cheers,

G.S.
Consistency builds momentum... And that’s how dreams become a reality.
01-20-2023, 06:36 AM
RE: Merry MATT FUREY X-Mas Present- The Secret "MAGNETIC MILLIONAIRE PROGRAM" Is Here!
THANX FOR THE SHARE. REPS ADDED.
01-22-2023, 04:18 AM (This post was last modified: 01-22-2023 08:25 AM by Theo1.)
RE: Merry MATT FUREY X-Mas Present- The Secret "MAGNETIC MILLIONAIRE PROGRAM" Is Here!
Hey Gordon!

Great to see you here again- Your conspicuous absence was noted- (By me at least, and undoubtedly multiple others)- But for a good cause! I'm glad you were able to get away and have a little (or a lot really lol) R and R- Much deserved IMHO after all of the Gordon Golden Goodness you Gladly Give all of us here (thought a little 'literation would convey my enthusiasm)-

No doubt many of us here have experienced the "lean times," and although acutely and perhaps excruciatingly painful at the time, those of us (myself, and as you indicated yourself as well) can hopefully ultimately look back and regale and rejoice in our current, vastly improved monetary experience and abundance- In other words- To quote the classic film Vanilla Sky (ok maybe not THAT classic...) "You need the SOUR to truly appreciate the SWEET"- or something like that...

There isn't much more I can expound on the matter that I hadn't said in my previous post, on top of the (greatly appreciated) personal disclosures you shared here- Ok well, you know me, I'm lying, I probably COULD expound here for the next two hours as I very much care about the future of our kids and country and believe everybody in school should be given compulsory educations by all school systems on the subject of ENTREPRENEURSHIP-

But I digest (ok I stole that one from Doberman Dan, who probably stole it from Halbert ;^)

So is there anything actually constructive (and geez I sure hope INTERESTING) that I can add to what you shared?

I don't know, but something did come to mind as I was reading your Van Gogh-like history (except you actually got to experience the abundant fruits of your labor ultimately, and not just enjoy it posthumously laying in a hamhock up in the clouds...)

I had read online about an experience a guy had approximately 1000 years ago at a unique IM event (ok, ok it was probably around 2007 but that would be about 1000 years ago in IM years)

Anyway, this guy apparently went to an event that was held by another guy named Jason Moffatt- If you don't know him he was at the time Frank Kern's "star pupil," kind of like how Jeff Paul was to Dan Kennedy, Doberman Dan was to Gary Halbert, Robin was to Batman?

Jason won Frank's "Underachiever" contest at the time (one of Frank's earliest courses, from 2003 was called the Underachiever Method, had an accompanying 2 day seminar with Frank's original partner Ed Dale, I think you can find the videos here, featuring Frank without his ubiquitous beard)

So Jason, who then achieved some notoriety in the relatively modest sized IM community at the time, due to Jason pouncing on and conquering the poker niche, decided to really offer some amazing value to the community and held a day long FREE-FOR-ALL seminar of sorts- Yes the seminar was free, but it was held in San Diego so if you wanted to go you had to pony up the air fare, but one of the selling points was Frank himself would also "likely" show up at some time to the seminar-

Oh yeah one little detail I forgot to mention was that the seminar was being held at the beach, so you had to try to find the group at like "Lifeguard Station 10" or something- Hey I said it was free, I didn't say it was convenient! And the chances of Frank showing up were only slightly increased by going to the beach as Frank was "supposed" to be out surfing that day- And as it turns out according to what I read, Frank DID show up, walking out of the water, soaking wet, a bit exhausted reportedly, and gave a "little" facetime to the group (which as I remember was approximately 50 people), but basically was drained from attempting to surf and wanting to dry off, and didn't stick around for very long- I'm not entirely clear on the facts, so if any historians here can correct me on any of these critical details please do so ;^)

But the event happened- Anyway the POINT of my story here (Yes Theo GET TO THE POINT)-

Is that there was some guy at the seminar (you know- THAT guy, the one who won't stop asking questions, gobbling up all of the precious and limited time that's supposed to be allocated for everybody, you know, a guy who's sometimes named something like THEO ;^)

This guy, who apparently was some kind of computer and programming major, who knew more computer languages than 100 Microsoft programmers (or Coders as we call them in this century) and it sounded like he just hoovered a ton of Jason's time talking about the esoteric and to be honest dry as dirt intricacies and minutia of computer programming- From what I recall Jason was gracious and patient with the guy but kept trying to steer the stick in the mud to more of a marketing conversation, for the whole group's and the seminar's benefit- I remember something in the blog post where the author said he didn't walk away with very much IM knowledge, but he said his confidence level was now sky high as he realized that "computer nerds," (with all due respect Gordon ;^) for all of their accomplished and hard-earned knowledge, were ZERO competition for anybody in the IM space-

I don't know if this story speaks to anybody on any level or not, but for some reason I pulled it out of the air and maybe its lesson will impart some kind of distinction for somebody- If nothing else, just to continue to reiterate that in this day and age EDUCATION and KNOWLEDGE ain't what it used to be- And never will be again (Loud GONG noise accompanies a mic drop)

Thanks again for sharing Gordon and enjoy your next adventure! Safe travels-

Theo
01-23-2023, 12:01 PM
RE: Merry MATT FUREY X-Mas Present- The Secret "MAGNETIC MILLIONAIRE PROGRAM"...
Yo Theo.... How's it hanging dude?

You are right. Early in my career, I was deeply focused on IT. Did a lot of network installs, custom computer builds, even wrote some database software to run fitness clubs....

But I was "working for the man".....

When the Internet started taking off, many of my clients came to us and say something like, "you guys know about computers, right? So can you build us a website."

That's the way it was way back then and of course we said yes. I remember going to UBC (University of British Columbia) in Vancouver, Canada. Hitting the library/book store and buying all four books that were available on HTML. There was no CSS, no Javascript, no Wordpress, hell, even Google was off in the future....

But here is the brunt of the point. While doing all that slogging in the trenches building up my chomps, I made enough to pay rent and feed myself. It was NOT enough to really break free from dealing with the buttholes I often had. The buttholes stayed as I wanted the projects they had on offer. I needed their loot.

I do believe in Education, but no longer would I go back to a formal school to learn anything. Instead, I self-educate. I study what I want, when I want...

And yes, it was not until I moved in to the marketing arena that things began to change for me. The internet did that for me as I was no longer tied to the $ per hour bondage formula. Or the 9-to-5 nightmare.

I guess I am lucky in that I have the chomps to build just about anything I want and over the years have developed the skills to market/sell it online.

It is the marketing part that has made all the difference... But having the ability to do everything yourself frees you (me) from having to outsource stuff so I get exactly what I want without having to explain my self over and over AND going through annoying iterations when you outsource.

I have said in on BBHF so many times, but here it is again. The #1 skill you can learn is Copywriting.... Which really is marketing.

We as members of BBHF have access to pure gold. I know I have gotten a lot more from this community than I have given back. As a collector of information and knowledge on things that interest me, the treasure here has really had an impact on my bottom line.

Well, I am off to the beach Happydance (it is summer here in Aus), so time to sign off. I need to relax before I go on vacation!

Cheers,

G.S.

Consistency builds momentum... And that’s how dreams become a reality.
02-09-2023, 12:08 PM
love you man.. added rep+
9.gif

35.gif