45.gif

Search (advanced search)
Use this Search form before posting, asking or make a new thread.
Tips: Use Quotation mark to search words (eg. "How To Make Money Online")

07-08-2017, 11:17 PM (This post was last modified: 07-10-2017 05:17 AM by Master5.)
Local business swipe files?
Hey guys...

I'm talking about the type of copy that has worked for the local mechanic, the local chiropractor, the local restaurant, the local dentistry, and so on. The type of copy that has generated leads for these local businesses. Example: Salesletter pitching accounting services.

It seems to be pretty easy to find swipe files promoting information products and newsletters. All you have to do is look up a famous copywriter and you'll get access to vast amount of copywriting material. It's like the only thing they do.

But what about the local business stuff? Is it just me or it's harder to come across?

So far I've been only able to find random examples of local business copy. They seem low quality and no one knows if they're proven and tested. Sure, there's the odd Gary Halbert salesletter promoting eye surgeons, but I'm more interested in having a whole collection of local business copy. I don't know if something like that exists but it would be really good when you need inspiration.

If you know where I can find this type of marketing material please let me know...
07-09-2017, 04:26 AM
RE: Local business swipe files?
Bump for this.
07-09-2017, 07:45 PM
(07-08-2017 11:17 PM)Master5 Wrote:  Hey guys...

It seems to be pretty easy to find swipe files for information products and newsletters. All you have to do is look up a famous copywriter and you'll get access to vast amount of copywriting material. It's like the only thing they do.

But what about the local business stuff? You know, I'm talking about the type of copy that has worked for the local mechanic, the local chiropractor, the local restaurant, the local dentistry, and so on.

So far I've been only able to find random examples of local business copy. They seem low quality and no one knows if they're proven and tested. Sure, there's the odd Gary Halbert salesletter promoting eye surgeons, but I'm more interested in having a whole collection of local business copy. I don't know if something like that exists but it would be really good when you need inspiration.

If you know where I can find this type of marketing material please let me know...

Have YOU studied Dan Kennedy's stuff..?

I don't know what you are offering these local businesses, but my experience tells me local businesses ONLY want 0ne thing and ONLY 1 thing, and that's... *MORE/higher paying customers/profit*

FORGET BS WSO'S spouting about facecrap/videos/company brand graphics etc,. etc,. etc...

If YOU can guarantee them the *above* craft a dollar bill letter (if ya in the USA) offering to do the above AND state that the biz owner pays nothing, zilch, nada...should you not do as promised.

Assuming you craft a good letter, for every 10 sent you should get 3 responses. How do I know? I did this 8 years ago, and that was the minimum response rate I got.
''Properly Exploited...One Good Idea That Occurs To You While Walking On The Beach Is Worth More Than 10 Lifetimes Of Hard Work!''
~Gary Halbert~ R.I.P
07-10-2017, 12:37 AM (This post was last modified: 07-10-2017 12:51 AM by Master5.)
I've read parts of Dan Kennedy, especially his Power Points series or whatever it's called. But really, who can read his entire collection? I don't think it's a good idea. It's not efficient in terms of time. You can just go straight to the source and "learn" from the controls. It's a shortcut.

Back in the day I used to read a lot of books but I wasn't making a dime. Now I have my own business and I just don't have time for books. And the pay-off is not huge. If I could quote Dan Kannedy's books, my revenue would not increase by much. The market doesn't give a shit about it. The aggressive copy also puts many people off.

Thank you a lot for trying to help me. The thing is I don't have time to read books or go through 10-hour courses... So only swipe files would be good if someone has those.. Thanks guys.
07-10-2017, 05:13 AM
edited the first post for better clarity

thanks!
65.gif

11.gif