72.gif

Search (advanced search)
Use this Search form before posting, asking or make a new thread.
Tips: Use Quotation mark to search words (eg. "How To Make Money Online")

05-21-2022, 02:03 PM (This post was last modified: 05-21-2022 02:04 PM by Lumos.)
Lightbulb Just some mkting and biz info...
1st things 1st=>
There's no DL here - exceptin' that maybe some folks COULD DL this info into their brains.

Trying to make this as short as possible so as to not lose anyone's attention, but being as I'm an old guy sometimes I fail at that - so I'll just say sorry in advance here if this exceeds anyone's attention span !!

Being a member here for 5+ years has made some things clear to me while also observing our world and the biggest of that lot is misconceptions.

Lots of folks here and elsewhere go on and on about 2 things which are NOT wrong, but which are mostly misconceived, thus becoming unhelpful.

Here they are:

Mindset and 'taking action'.

I've seen folks go on and on and on about those 2 ideas which really boil down to the simple notions of taking one's business seriously - and that cussed thing called WORKING.

Aside of those, when you have an idea of what you want to do, a way to let enough folks know what and where it is, and after doing it you actually show up and do the work - that is most of it.

Turning (whatever) into an income producing business need not be any more complicated than following the simple, needed steps.

So - on to business thoughts...
If you want to make a profit you will need to SELL something at a markup to enough folks so as to stay in that business - and the 1st part of it all is choosing what is best to sell at your chosen location.

An example:
Ice cubes via ice vending machines.
If you are in an area with good, affordable water and electricity which gets really hot lots of the times, then placing those vending machines outside liquor and beverage shops could be a very good choice for good earnings.
-BUT-
If you try that someplace where it is cold most of the times your business is likely to soon fail. (Selling ice cubes to Eskimos, anyone...?)

Another, even more extreme example...:
Suppose you lived in a small rural town which had a vermin problem which just happened to be raccoons - for which most folks keep a varmint rifle and at most tossed the carcasses into the woods after shooting 'em.
(EU residents know lots about those varmints...)

I've personally got nothing against those very smart and capable Procyonidae members even though we've got 'em around here and they do get into stuff - but some folks do truly hate 'em.

So, in that imaginary town where folks don't know that in the southern US, raccoon meat is very commonly eaten...
IF you were OK with processing wild game and making yummy foods out of it - folks might just love to buy freshly prepared raccoon burgers, steaks and kebabs from you.
If things worked out well, friends and neighbors might be happy to bring you freshly shot 'coons for free or maybe $1 each, making for a great resource.

But in an urban area - that biz would likely do...nuffin 'cept for getting complaints.

What I've seen over and over again throughout the decades of my self-employment is others with big dreams, low motivations and about zero dedication.
Those folks fail over and over, then sadly get some simple job where all they have to do is show up while feeling like they are failures.

So - who is most likely to succeed ??
It is the person who does their 'homework', makes sure to gain enough knowledge in their desired area(s) and really works at gaining their success.

There is ONE facet of all this which almost nobody EVER mentions though:
Our species tends towards obsessions (which is also a facet of addictions, sadly).

For someone who is totally obsessed and consumed by their interest in something, and who is also willing to approach that as a business - they can become an unstoppable force.
Further, if they are able to do something that actually fills a need and that may even help others, success is well within their reach.

Yes - I'm an old guy - and just because I'm old don't mean I'm stupid.

After more than 2 decades of my serving them - my remaining clients still seek my assistances without hesitation, and I am happy to keep serving them.

This is very different from so much in the IM and MMO realms wherein the 'gurus' just want to fool folks into paying them for more and more rubbish as they convince their buyers that all they need to do in making megabux is to buy just ONE more shiny object, over and over.

A shame that so many folks are oblivious to the obvious, I say.
I totally despise board spammers and spambots !!!
05-21-2022, 03:36 PM
RE: Just some mkting and biz info...
@smithnowt
Nicely said, and not too long. A great idea without action will always just be a dream. From one old guy to another, thank you for all you do here on the forum.
Repped, of course.
Cheers,
NoJob
This is a message to all those who don't understand, "Sharing is Caring". If you aren't working to make this a better place (ie having a REP of at least 100) don't ask me for help. Everyone has something on their hard drive they can share. Everyone has the time to offer a review or create a mirror! Thanks
05-22-2022, 05:54 AM
Golden words mate! Most of us are lazy bums who don't even move our asses in order to se if the things works or not and but we do have plenty of time to crib about failure and just a BS plan! DO keep on spilling your secret sauces once a while !! Thanks mate
05-22-2022, 06:04 AM
BRAVO!
05-22-2022, 10:56 AM
Always thanks and enjoy to read your biz info, stay safe!

Thanks Nice Thread Happydance
82.gif
05-22-2022, 01:47 PM
Sincerest Thanks for your kind thoughts in reply Folks !!
(+Rep given, as always.)

Please keep in mind=>
Going 'round and round in circles is ALSO 'taking action', BUT...

Too many tend to do the same things over and over whilst expecting different results.
(And I bet many members here do know where that line is openly stolen from, right ?!?)
I totally despise board spammers and spambots !!!
05-23-2022, 05:44 PM
It's funny how such a simple concept as taking your business seriously and actually WORKING is something that needs to be pointed out...

But it is, right?

It's the fundamental part though.

I overlooked it for a long time.

I didn't treat what I did as a business. It was "play" but nothing serious.

Once you treat what you do as a real business and start working... then, mix that with an obsession to make it a success, and tell people about what you do, and do what you tell people you are going to do... well, you're probably 95% further a long than most people.

Thanks for pointing this out and sharing it.
05-23-2022, 07:25 PM
So true.
Thank you for that reminder smithnowt.
Everything is quite simple. We always over-complicate things.
Have a great day!
05-24-2022, 02:34 AM
I've tried to explain this to some people but could not understand how, now i'm going to show them this thread haha
05-25-2022, 03:57 AM (This post was last modified: 05-25-2022 03:59 AM by 12days.)
Right on wise old man smithnowt! [Image: wise-old-man.png]

Reminds me of what I read somewhere where the guy was talking about all these mentors that keep saying "We'll help you get where your going" when he didn't even know WHERE he was going!

12days says Thanks for the memories and reps!
86.gif
[Image: Sig-Line-2.png]

19.gif