9.gif

Search (advanced search)
Use this Search form before posting, asking or make a new thread.
Tips: Use Quotation mark to search words (eg. "How To Make Money Online")

12-09-2015, 01:07 PM
Internal Duplicate Content?
Hey guys i have a wordpress site which is linked to my xenforo forum.. Whenever i post news from my wordpress it also posts the same content onto my xenforo forum.. Google is indexing both these pages so my question is will i be hit with a duplicate content penalty? thanks
12-09-2015, 02:34 PM
RE: Internal Duplicate Content?
Yes,its a duplicate content count by Google algorithm. Same content post by 2 place.
12-09-2015, 04:11 PM
ok i've figured out the answer to my question and this applies as of today still DEC 09 2015

"Google does not recommend blocking crawler access to duplicate content (dc) on your website, whether with a robots.txt file or other methods. If search engines can’t crawl pages with dc, they can’t automatically detect that these URLs point to the same content and will therefore effectively have to treat them as separate, unique pages. A better solution is to allow search engines to crawl these URLs, but mark them as duplicates by using the rel="canonical" link element, the URL parameter handling tool, or 301 redirects. In cases where DC leads to us crawling too much of your website, you can also adjust the crawl rate setting in Webmaster Tools. DC on a site is not grounds for action on that site unless it appears that the intent of the DC is to be deceptive and manipulate search engine results. If your site suffers from DC issues, and you don’t follow the advice listed above, we do a good job of choosing a version of the content to show in our search results."
01-03-2016, 09:05 AM
I think Duplicate, Sleepy
01-20-2016, 06:03 AM
In many cases the best way to combat duplicate content is to set up a 301 redirect from the "duplicate" page to the original content page. When multiple pages with the potential to rank well are combined into a single page, they not only no longer compete with one another, but also create a stronger relevancy and popularity signal overall. This will positively impact their ability to rank well in the search engines.

If you found my opinion valuable, I will appreciate if, you add some Rep+ for me.
46.gif
Give some Rep+ if it helps. Thanks

11.gif