25.gif

Search (advanced search)
Use this Search form before posting, asking or make a new thread.
Tips: Use Quotation mark to search words (eg. "How To Make Money Online")

10-25-2017, 04:06 PM
[INFO REQ] WP Site backup/transfer - what do you use ??
This query is of great interest to me...

We all know that 'things' can happen to sites on the internet;
Bad things can range from attacks all the way to hosting providers suddenly disappearing without any warning.
If your site isn't backed up elsewhere and ready to re-deploy...then its just gone, maybe for good, until you make a new one.

Such troubles can be a real bummer if you have a very populated WP site that is doing well for you.

So I ask:
If you keep a transferable, off-site, ready to re-deploy, 100% complete backup, please tell what you use to make it ??

Perhaps you are happiest with a free tool - or a paid one - or even a nulled version of something ??

Please share your opinions, preferences and if there are any which you consider best or worst ??
Thanks
I totally despise board spammers and spambots !!!
10-31-2017, 06:56 AM
RE: [INFO REQ] WP Site backup/transfer - what do you use ??
Wow.

What with all the really clever and talented folks here - lots of folks with websites too I reckon - and nobody has anything to discuss or share about backing up ??

Colour me amazed !!!
11-02-2017, 12:38 AM
Backup Buddy is the best for me. You can schedule back ups, can move to other places, all very easily.
I also use a database plugin that will back up and email the database to me. Not so useful on the larger sites, so I stick with the scheduling of backup buddy.
11-02-2017, 12:57 AM
Another vote for Backup Buddy. You can get your backups emailed to you too.
11-02-2017, 05:36 AM
Great to see some replies here - Thanks folks !!
(+Rep added, of course.)
29.gif
11-02-2017, 05:46 AM
I have Ithemes security and backup buddy for all my sites. Would never use anything else.

My host provides SiteLock as security, but I don't think that is as good as the 2 factor authentication you get with iThemes security.

82.gif