43.gif

Search (advanced search)
Use this Search form before posting, asking or make a new thread.
Tips: Use Quotation mark to search words (eg. "How To Make Money Online")

05-09-2015, 06:37 AM
I lost my website, what now?
Hello everyone.

I just realized I didn't renew my domain ( it expired 30 days ago ) and now I lost my website.

I don't think anyone will buy that domain, so I should be able to get it again.
The real question is: GoDaddy has my website's files stored somewhere or not?

Did I lose backlinks, articles and everything?
Or is it possible to get them back?

PS No, unfortunately I do not have the website backup. >_>
05-09-2015, 10:54 AM
RE: I lost my website, what now?
If you hosting account aligned with the domain renewal - you've likely lost it all.

As for the domain- if it had backlinks and traffic, it's likely that a squatter will buy it.

You might be able to pay the enormous fee that Gag Daddy charges to 'recover' an expired domain.
05-09-2015, 12:22 PM
probably your domain already in auction.

It seems that your website is not important to you and not making money on it.
05-10-2015, 06:21 AM
All you lost was the domain name and you can try to go buy it back.. your material will still be on your server.. just if someone else snagged the domain name.. they will repoint the domain to their hosts
05-10-2015, 06:39 AM
Your best bet is to put this down to experience, and start building a new site.
81.gif
05-18-2015, 02:39 PM
I"m not sure if I am reading this correctly, but you seem to have just lost your actual domain name and not your actual hosting services where your files are stored on a server. Am I correct? If so, your articles and files should still be with whomever you opted to use for hosting unless you signed up with some bundle deal and both your domain and web host were all in alignment. Unfortunately, if you cant retrieve that domain, which is unlikely, you will lose all of your "branding" which consists of your backlinks, traffic, analytics, etc. since those are associated with your domain name and extensions of that name. Not a good look.
05-22-2015, 12:11 PM
You can find your domain and files on archive.org If you PM me I will tell you how to get it back. At least your files if you need to get a new domain and you weren't able to repurchase yours. If your domain was not aged or did not have a high trust flow and page authority, along with non spammy backlinks, more than likely it was not bought by someone. You can get a new website and the process is not that hard to rank it provided you are familiar with SEO.

63.gif