78.gif

Search (advanced search)
Use this Search form before posting, asking or make a new thread.
Tips: Use Quotation mark to search words (eg. "How To Make Money Online")

06-17-2015, 06:34 PM
How to have faster WORDPRESS
How to make my site to work faster than it is. [Image: Capture.png]
Which plugins I need to use for to make my site faster.
Thank you I was looking after that 2-3 days to get good plugin
06-19-2015, 11:16 AM
RE: How to have faster WORDPRESS
Bro, have some tips for you on how to speed up your site this is based on my personal experience.

Minimize the size of image, limit the use of external scripts, put the java scripts on footer, Use an effective caching plugin, Choose a good host, Optimize your homepage to load quickly, Optimize your WordPress database, and Replace PHP with static HTML, when necessary. :)
06-29-2015, 02:05 PM
Simply open this file with your favourite text editor:

Magic Button :
Code:
<your-wordpress-path>/wordpres/wp-includes/wp-db.php

Go to line number 1476 or search for @mysql_connect and replace it with @mysql_pconnect.

The code should look like this:

Before:
Magic Button :
Code:
$this->dbh = @mysql_connect( $this->dbhost, $this->dbuser, $this->dbpassword, $new_link, $client_flags );

After:
Magic Button :
Code:
$this->dbh = @mysql_pconnect( $this->dbhost, $this->dbuser, $this->dbpassword, $new_link, $client_flags );

Let me know if there is no any performance improvement on your wordpress site after applying this.
07-05-2015, 01:09 AM
Install WordFence Security which has great caching built in, and optimize/shrink all your images... that will exponentially decrease your load times.
07-08-2015, 07:43 PM
Thanks guys for these great tips.
72.gif
07-09-2015, 02:07 AM
Bro did you installed WordFence Security? It will help you to optimize all the content specially image and will decrease page load times.

On coding, try to limit ng external scripts it is proven . The java scripts must on footer.
07-10-2015, 03:11 PM
Thanks for the excellent tips.

http://php.net/manual/en/function.mysql-pconnect.php
This extension is deprecated as of PHP 5.5.0, and will be removed in the future.
The manual page suggests you use mysqli_connect instead.
My dad died when we couldn't remember his blood type. As he died, he kept insisting for us to "be positive," but it's hard without him. Mad Slap
07-10-2015, 03:49 PM
Hi, Please go through my blog. Step by step implementation will help u increase the speed of your wordpress site.

http://www.mazataluka.com/speed-up-your-...w-minutes/
07-10-2015, 03:54 PM
(06-29-2015 02:05 PM)audinue Wrote:  Simply open this file with your favourite text editor:

Magic Button :
Code:
<your-wordpress-path>/wordpres/wp-includes/wp-db.php

Go to line number 1476 or search for @mysql_connect and replace it with @mysql_pconnect.

The code should look like this:

Before:
Magic Button :
Code:
$this->dbh = @mysql_connect( $this->dbhost, $this->dbuser, $this->dbpassword, $new_link, $client_flags );

After:
Magic Button :
Code:
$this->dbh = @mysql_pconnect( $this->dbhost, $this->dbuser, $this->dbpassword, $new_link, $client_flags );

Let me know if there is no any performance improvement on your wordpress site after applying this.

After making the changes there is an error while opening website:

Error establishing a database connection
Sharing is Caring
07-11-2015, 02:05 PM
Thank you for trying my tip trajek and ajnabi.

Yes, you can use:

Code:
mysqli_connect('p:' . $this->dbhost, ...

if it was deprecated in your host.

However, when you are unable to connect to the database using persistent connection (mysql_pconnect), you can open phpMyAdmin and execute the following SQL:

Code:
set global max_connections = 500;

For the someone who need explanation about this:

mysql_connect is like connecting to a new customer for each new product launch. While mysql_pconnect is like connecting to an existing customer. So the earlier is more costly than the later.

Yet, if your market consist only 151 customers (which is the default value for max_connections in MySQL) you could not make any more sale. And then your sales team (wordpress) will shout, "Error establishing a database connection". That's why you will need to expand the market to 500 customers in order to make your sales team work properly.
76.gif

11.gif