9.gif

Search (advanced search)
Use this Search form before posting, asking or make a new thread.
Tips: Use Quotation mark to search words (eg. "How To Make Money Online")

04-30-2015, 01:20 PM
How do I get started?
I've been trying to internet market for about 2 years and have zero luck with it so far. Although from the couple days of exploring the forums I've learned so much more than I have anywhere else, that a lot of the mistakes I had been making are a lot clear now. I love it so much that a site like this exists.

The only problem I'm facing now is trying to combine everything I know together into one project now. There's always one part of a strategy that I really like but then I don't like how they get their traffic, or it's for a list, or it's for adsense, or it's a method that only works for videos, and so on. I think that is what kills a lot of people who are brand new to this.

Basically I want to create an online store with Amazon, not a review site (although it was kind of tempting). The tools I got right now are:
- A niche. Don't really want to go into too much detail what it is but even at the 4% commission rate I still should be making about $4-20+ per sale. And these are in pretty high demand, about 100+ searches a day for some of the keyword research I did.
- WP Zon Builder. I don't know if any other Wordpress plugins are needed to go along with it but from what I've read it should be enough.

Really the only things I'm missing is a web host/domain and getting an affiliate key with Amazon. Not really things I'm too worried about yet since I'm still only planning.

So my main question is finding traffic. Honestly I'm not even 80% confident with SEO, that had always been where I struggled before (and I've wasted so much money on buying backlinks. Some of it I understand why they didn't rank and others are still a mystery to me). Also I've heard that Google doesn't even rank Amazon affiliates so I might be wasting my time there anyway. So the one thing I've been thinking about, although I see no guide out there mention it nor anyone talk about, is PPC. I did a few bid estimates on Bing Ads for some brand/product names to use and there's a few coming up super cheap. I even checked Google to see if I can find anyone trying this and I did find one site; they set up a paid ad to particular product they had, except they directed the link to their main page rather than product itself. I'm not sure if that was to cash in on more potential sales from that click or if there might've been some ToS reasons for it.

I mostly just want to hear out on any kind of feedback on this. Is it worth doing, or am I better off trying something else?
05-01-2015, 03:18 AM
RE: How do I get started?
To get you on your way..
I will tell you being a newbie, i think zon builder is great for you, and you will get a very nice setup with that software.
You can basically change the whole site depending on the theme your using.
And if you still need some changes, then hire a fiverr and its done withinn a few days.

regarding niches, i think anything that is a subniche from the amazon best seller list, and have a lot of searches per month + a minimum prce of 100usd is good. Not forget you need to target something that is easy to ship. Dont go for the garden furniture or something, because most people look but its to hard for shipping.. Hope you get my point..

Regarding traffic, you hit the holy grale of problems for any IM marketeer..
You an use seo to slowly get your sites to page 1 for the best buyer keywords, or you could pay for traffic, or use FB fanpages, to get a nice targeted audience and promote to them. That is the norm currently, i think..
After you get them on your site, have a mailing list, so you can promote to them later.. For a beginner, mailchimp is perfect, and free.

I personally love doing mazon sites, and have some good ones.. For longterm income, i feel this is one of the best ways.
You can also do cpa or something, but i think if you look at the long game, then niche sites will come out on top.
- There is no elevator to Success, You have to take the stairs. Cool

60.gif