27.gif

Search (advanced search)
Use this Search form before posting, asking or make a new thread.
Tips: Use Quotation mark to search words (eg. "How To Make Money Online")

01-12-2024, 02:33 PM (This post was last modified: 01-12-2024 02:34 PM by Lumos.)
Question Hobbyist in waiting.
I don't work much anymore and don't care if I do or don't have any work to do.
After decades of having my own biz I'm not missing it 1 bit.
IMO that is the beauty of retirement.
Never get bored either 'cuz I've got a huge pile of ebooks to read.

BUT...

I'd really love to have a sort of hobby that makes a little side $$ - something that I can do when I feel like it and ignore when I'm doing other stuff.

At my age making big commitments is an absurdity given that I could krap out tomorrow, or stick around a few more years.

Having a wee bit of pizza money so as to eat at a restaurant now and then will be a great nicety for this old guy.

Helpful ideas (not Fiverr or the like) will be greatly appreciated !!

Thanks
01-28-2024, 01:19 PM
RE: Hobbyist in waiting.
Print on demand sounds like something you could do. You can sell products based on your interests and it's something that you can definitely do whenever you want.

There are a bunch of places you can get free designs from and it's really easy to make your own with Photoshop or even Canva.

You can sell your products for free on Bonanza, Red Bubble, and a bunch of other marketplaces. You can also build your own website.

I have a POD ready WordPress website to be imported to a new server if you'd be interested in having your own store. You'd just need to import it to your server, setup a payment processor, and start adding products.

I sell it for cheap, but there are also the free alternatives I mentioned (and many others) if you don't want to invest any money.

Good luck!
01-28-2024, 02:31 PM (This post was last modified: 01-28-2024 02:37 PM by Lumos.)
Thumbs Up RE: Hobbyist in waiting.
Sincerest Thanks for making such a helpful and thoughtful reply here Kershaw !!

It always amazes me that there is so little in the ways of actual testimonials and folks offering actual help to other members here.
(Except for when it comes to grabbing more and more rehashes, of course !!)

Best Wishes to You and Yours.

Lumos

PS:
I tried to PM you but your PM box is full.
02-05-2024, 11:37 AM
Hi Lumos,

I'm dealing with some health issues, so I apologize for the late reply.

I've been struggling to make money online for a long time as well, I don't know much, but I always try to help when I can.

POD is great because it can be risk-free in economic terms and you can start earning money very fast. Nothing will motivate you more to make money than making money.

The few times I tried POD I made money quickly, but because I've been a sufferer of 'shiny object syndrome' all my life, I always gave it up to try something else.

Once I feel better I'll begin my POD journey again. This time I plan to stick with it. It'll be a big year politically, so I think there's a huge opportunity to make money.

I'll try to clean some inbox space soon or I'll send you a PM myself within a couple of days.
03-30-2024, 03:20 PM
etsy digital download looks very promising... I wish I could make money there selling my graphic creation... but my country is out of their list... sigh :(
23.gif

25.gif