38.gif

Search (advanced search)
Use this Search form before posting, asking or make a new thread.
Tips: Use Quotation mark to search words (eg. "How To Make Money Online")

04-04-2020, 06:14 PM
[HELP!] Amazon API Changes
Hello,

I have a custom coded (php) website which auto-scrapes the Amazon API each day based on a cron.

I say 'scrapes' but since it uses the Amazon API it's not full-on scraping.

Also, people can submit books to the site by just entering the ASIN for their book and the site 'pulls' the full book details from Amazon using that ASIN.

I saw a message from Amazon warning of API changes in March / April and over the last week the site has stopped accepting user submissions (ASINs are no longer recognized). And the site is not updating with new items.

My site is not a big money-maker. It pays for itself and maybe another $50 or so per month so unless I can fix this myself, it's going to end now. The site has no budget to pay a dev for this.

Can anyone suggest what might be the API change which has affected this function?
Any suggestions?

In case there are any Amazon API experts out there!

Thanks for reading.
04-04-2020, 08:51 PM
RE: [HELP!] Amazon API Changes
You must be making an API call to PA API 4.0. This was terminated on 31st March.

You need to use PA API 5.0. Your API keys need to be migrated from AWS to Associates thus you'll get new ones. Try add these to your application.

If that doesn't work then yeah you'll likely need a dev or API helper. The documentation for moving an app to v5 is here, https://webservices.amazon.com/paapi5/documentation/
04-04-2020, 11:32 PM
RE: [HELP!] Amazon API Changes
Thanks a ton for your help -- top reps!

32.gif