79.gif

Search (advanced search)
Use this Search form before posting, asking or make a new thread.
Tips: Use Quotation mark to search words (eg. "How To Make Money Online")

08-08-2021, 10:52 PM (This post was last modified: 01-31-2022 08:38 PM by GordonShumway.)
[GET] Sue A. Hershkowitz-Coore - Power Sales Writing
Sue A. Hershkowitz-Coore - Power Sales Writing.pdf

Power Sales Writing is a brisk, no-nonsense guide to writing sales messages guaranteed to grab and hold a prospect's attention.

With this book in hand, everyone from salespeople to marketing managers to business executives will quickly and painlessly master the essence of effective sales writing to win the sale or client. This book includes:
  • Lists of power words and phrases
  • Editing and revision techniques
  • Tips on how to break bad news and achieve desired outcomes
  • Advice on translating sales skills into copy
  • Techniques for getting prospects to act by articulating their needs

With all of the advances the age of technology has brought us, there have also been a few setbacks. One of those setbacks comes in the form of a lack of professionalism in writing. The email era has all but eliminated professionalism in business communications. POWER SALES WRITING by Sue Hershkowitz-Coore seeks to restore some of that lost professionalism. What we have here, however, is not just about improving the level of professionalism in email, but is applicable to all realms of business writing.

The author begins by introducing four questions that are basic components of all business writing. The professional writer should always begin their prewriting with these four basic questions. Doing so will insure the writer always achieves the desired result. There is an incredible amount of information on such a wide variety of writing tips, such as proofing, when and how to use buffers, and legal culpability in business communications.

The book seems to be aimed at a general audience (anyone who conducts business communication) as well as a specific audience, (copywriters). The content here is beneficial for both audiences and, I believe, meets reader expectations of either group. The last half of the book does slant more towards the professional copywriter, but can still be applied to general business communications.

In the last half of the book we find direction on sales letters. Here, the focus is on such things as sales letter characteristics, the power of testimony and using stimuli words (visual, auditory and kinesthetic) to appeal to various learning styles.

The final section really helps the reader to challenge him or herself from writing habits found less than admirable. This is somewhat of a melding together and condensed version of Richard Bayan's "Words That Sell" and Strunk's "Elements of Style". Of particular note, I found on the final page of text, a technique I have used for years. That is making a list of the ten most important things learned from the book, picking a couple to focus on for a month, then moving to the next two. The problem here is, for me, it was difficult holding my list down to ten items.

This is a critical edition for professional copywriters. It is beneficial for all professionals who must use written communication. I found the book exceptionally well written. Hershkowitz-Coore's obvious skill as a writer makes the book very easy to comprehend.

New Link: 2022-01-31

Reps are always appreciated.

Cheers,

G.S.
Consistency builds momentum... And that’s how dreams become a reality.
01-27-2022, 12:12 AM
RE: [GET] Sue A. Hershkowitz-Coore - Power Sales Writing
Thank you GordonShumway and max reps. The mediafire link seems burnt but I found a PDF copy over at:

https:// b - ok . cc /book/488622/30d0b5
01-27-2022, 06:49 AM
nice share
01-29-2022, 03:21 PM
Thanks a bunch for the awesome share, GWMO!
That little website that the book is on looks very interesting as well!
Max rep.
02-23-2022, 06:15 PM
GOrdon's shares are always very useful. MAx reps!
87.gif
02-24-2022, 05:07 AM
Awesome share!Thanks

86.gif