82.gif

Search (advanced search)
Use this Search form before posting, asking or make a new thread.
Tips: Use Quotation mark to search words (eg. "How To Make Money Online")

04-21-2016, 01:24 PM
D Ogilvy, G Halbert, J Abraham, B Settle, D Bird and Copyblogger on "Scientific Advertising" (pdf)
David Ogilvy, ("The Father of Advertising", and according to Times "the most sought-after wizard in advertising industry") said of Scientific Advertising "Nobody should be allowed to have anything to do with advertising until he has read this book seven times. It changed the course of my life."

"Every time I see a bad advertisement, I say to myself, “The man who wrote this copy has never read Claude Hopkins.” also said Ogilvy.
Ken Roman, Former Ogilvy and Mather CEO writes that Ogilvy said "In 1938, (Rosser Reeves) gave me a typed copy of the Hopkins book. It changed my life. I know it by heart. Every year I give away 20 copies to wordsmiths, they never comprehend."
Look for the link at the end of the post to learn what's outdated and what's up-to-date in the book, according to Ogilvy, in his "Introducction to Claude Hopkins’ “Scientific Advertising” "

Jay Abraham, (listed by Forbes as one of the top five executive coaches in the US in 2000) said he had read Scientific Advertising over 50 times.
Look for the link at the end of the post to get Jay Abraham's "Hopkins in a Nutshell" (inside "Your Marketing Genius at Work Nº6" )

Drayton Bird ( about whom David Ogilvy said that “knows more about direct marketing than anyone in the world.") wrote "I hope you have carefully read and re-read Claude’s Scientific Advertising. If not, you are rather like somebody studying warfare without knowing anything about Caesar, Hannibal, Napoleon or Wellington."
"I am told that Jay Abraham modelled his career on Claude."
"...the whole book it’s only 48 pages long; I have read it scores of times – and every time I do I am reminded of something I know I should be doing – but don’t."
Look for the link at the end of the post to know which biggest mistake Hopkins discovered had made, he confesses in the last chapter of his book, “My Life in Advertising”.
If you know it, you can avoid this mistake and profit more by doing the opposite (a secret Ben Settle knows, by the way).

Gary Halbert (author of the "Coat of Arms" letter, which is said was mailed 600 million times) recommend his son Bond in the Boron Letters to read it 3 times.
Look for the link at the end of the post to get Kevin Halbert's personal "Marked Up" version.
This is where he bolded and underlined sections of text.
"The highlighting, for the most part, indicates either a passage I thought was a worthy of quoting in speaches and writings, otherwise it's statements of the fundamental rules of marketing. "
There's also an Non-Marked Up version included
Look also for the link at the end of the post to get the "Excerpts From Two Of The Greatest Advertising Books Of All Time" ("Scientific Advertising" by Claude Hopkins and "How to Write a Good Advertisement" by Victor O. Schwab) by Gary Halbert

Look for the link at the end of the post to get Ben Settle post on testing
“WAS CLAUDE HOPKINS FULL OF SH*T?”

Look for the link at the end of the post to learn some lessons from Scientific Advertising in this Copyblogger's post (by Gregory Ciotti)

---

All the links quoted above are in the txt in
Magic Button :
Code:
https://www.mediafire.com/?pa25xt4o525oxwh

Here's an AudioBook version read with commentaries by Kevin Halbert, son of Gary Halbert
http://bestblackhatforum.com/Thread-GET-...pid1678192

---

If you find value in this post,

1st. Help yourself.
Apply what you learn for your benefit.
Ask what you can't answer with google

2nd. Help others.
Make mirrors.
Share a review.

3rd. Help me.
Say thanks.
I appreciate your reps.
04-23-2016, 08:51 AM (This post was last modified: 11-09-2017 11:08 AM by C.Jensen.)
RE: D Ogilvy, G Halbert, J Abraham, B Settle, D Bird and Copyblogger on "Scient...
All Inclusive MEGA Mirror:
Magic Button :
Code:
https://mega.nz/#F!zpghST7B!LuR1d9V8ygeGiD0V5dUg5Q
If you Download, please Rep O.P. and ME! 57yes
Live and Learn. Give and Earn.
05-11-2016, 12:30 AM
RE: D Ogilvy, G Halbert, J Abraham, B Settle, D Bird and Copyblogger on "Scientific Advertising" (pdf)
Mirrors
http://mir.cr/EAH4NMEV
+ Reps and thanks!

82.gif