5.gif

Search (advanced search)
Use this Search form before posting, asking or make a new thread.
Tips: Use Quotation mark to search words (eg. "How To Make Money Online")

02-22-2020, 06:38 PM (This post was last modified: 02-22-2020 06:39 PM by harris99.)
RE: Trip to China...
There’s also a free one way trip to Wuhan

Hitface
02-22-2020, 07:33 PM (This post was last modified: 06-29-2022 02:48 PM by Lumos.)
Just as I said before=>
Any trip to China would likely only lead to great sadness, at best.

Back when I posted this (2019) it could easily be seen as a funny joke;
NOW - since I could change the OP and title I did, so as to reflect the intention as a funny joke, but NOT to belittle the tragedies in progress as it is not a place to joke about right now.
I totally despise board spammers and spambots !!!
05-06-2020, 05:18 PM
God made the earth. Everything else is made in China.
11-05-2020, 05:45 AM
In the current circumstances, this sounded more sad than funny considering how it is so close to the truth.
11-05-2020, 03:39 PM (This post was last modified: 06-29-2022 02:50 PM by Lumos.)
Yes, as I'd said in reply #12, above=>
Any trip to China now would likely only lead to great sadness, at best.

Back when I posted this on 10-31-2019 it could have easily been seen as a funny joke;
But not anymore.

I did (now that I was able to...) change the OP and title.
77.gif
06-29-2022, 05:32 AM
haha good one :-)
06-29-2022, 08:09 AM (This post was last modified: 06-29-2022 08:14 AM by mthomas.)
Funny joke....

For those interested in what is REALLY going on in China (without the Communist Chinese Gov't Propaganda spin) check out this Youtube channel: Serpentza (originally from South Africa, he lived in China for over a decade and traveled extensively throughout China via motorcycle) - very interesting channel with a lot of insight on China, it's people, the Communist government, ghost cities, economy, military, and a lot more...Check it out if this interests you.

Serpentza Youtube Channel

[Image: 5e73a2965f442.jpeg]
06-29-2022, 02:23 PM (This post was last modified: 06-29-2022 02:57 PM by Lumos.)
NO trip to China for me, thanks.
Greetings MThomas !!

There are also YT videos by a guy (or 2 ??) touring on motorbikes that are very revealing about the conditions and infrastructure in China - but I don't remember the guy's name - its been a while.

From what I've seen right here in the US - like indentured servitude and the culture revealed by those folks' "bosses" I've no desire to ever even visit there and of course the notion of learning their many various dialects strikes me as totally alien given that I have very sucky hearing.

His (or their) commentaries pointed out how the average Chinese folks were quite friendly and welcoming - but were also quite apathetic about their living conditions - and that seemed to be what was behind so many places they visited looking like they were in some state between disrepair and visibly falling apart.

In past years I've come to know some very lovely Chinese folks personally and also how they can actually arrive here with degrees of higher education and good qualifications - but are typically unable to use those here to get good jobs, so they end up working in menial occupations instead.

That seems very sad to me.

28.gif