38.gif

Search (advanced search)
Use this Search form before posting, asking or make a new thread.
Tips: Use Quotation mark to search words (eg. "How To Make Money Online")

08-16-2016, 03:41 PM
RE: CYBER SECURITY 101 - STAY SAFE
Wow awesome thread here.. Walt, thank you so much for the great post!
08-16-2016, 05:04 PM
good to use startpage.com for private search instead of g00gle
08-19-2016, 02:04 AM
This is absolute GOLD!!! Thank you!

(06-02-2016 08:56 PM)Walt The Heavyweight Wrote:  Hi, this is CySec101 and I'm Walt. I've worked as a cyber security consultant for various companies and this is the field where I'm most comfortable in. I've noticed that most people are absolutely CLUELESS about staying safe on the internet, so I thought I would make this tutorial on about how to stay safe for FREE.

First of all, free antivirus is BETTER than CRACKED antiviruses. Non-cloud based antiviruses rely on frequent signature databases updates, but nulled and cracked software don't update properly.

We have three levels.

1) GRANDMOTHER LEVEL

You need to "set-up" a primary defense for a relative, who knows nothing about computers and is likely to click on malicious advertisements?

Step 1. Clean install Windows

Step 2. Install FULL FREE Comodo Antivirus.
COMODO antivirus comes with a antivirus, firewall, web filter(for infected sites) and scans automatically. It's an all-in-one solution.

Step 3. Install a non-IE browser such as Chrome, Firefox, Opera or Vivaldi and install the qBlock Origin extension, it will block most malicious ads. (Vivaldi is the browser I use)

2) CASUAL LEVEL

This is a good choice for everyday users who have nothing to hide, but want to stay safe and don't mind Google, Facebook, Apple, ISP and government tracking you.

Step 1. Install Panda FREE Antivirus - now this is a REAL TIME, cloud based antivirus, which means real time detection. Low on resources. This is what I use, despite having free premium software.

Step 2. Install Malware-bytes FREE - best tool against malware. The free version doesn't scan automatically so I would configure it to scan once a week, doesn't take resources. (you can find premium cracked on torrents. i suggest thepiratebay and kickass torrents cause there u can see user feedback)

Step 3. CCleaner. To clean up old files, speed up pc. (again u can find premium on torrent)

Step 4. qBlock Origin to your browsers.

3) TRYHARD LEVEL* (not completely free)
*If you do anything illegal, such as download stolen e-merch, I'd recommend using this.

Step 1. Use a VPN, there are more than 100 out there, I have some gift cards from my ex-company so I use them. (VPN is crucial if you use public-wifi, your pc can be hacked within seconds if you're connected to public wifi). GOOD TIP:

Step 2. Back-up EVERYTHING. If you have everything on your pc, then invest to a cloud server and wise-versa. For example FREE 20GB cloud room at pCloud or 3.99$ for 500GB storage.

Step 3. Install COMODO or WebRoot SecureAnywhere

(optional)Step 4. Install Tor browser.

Step 5. Stop using Gmail and google.com, instead use tutanota.com for encrypted mails and duckduckgo.com for your search engine. This way Google can't track you.

(optional)Step 6. Buy Ruckus ZoneFlex router, to give you complete vision over your internet network, e.g what other users are doing or if somebody's trying to access this.

(optional)Step 7. Stop using your local bank's debet and credit cards, sign up with Payoneer, you get a free VISA card and your government can't tax you.

BONUS ROUND: Which antivirus is better: Symantec, ESET NOD, Kaspersky, McAfee, Avast, Avira, BitDefender etc etc???
BONUS ROUND2: Why don't I talk about firewalls? The Windows firewall combined with good antivirus is good enough for 90% users. For premium hackers I'd recommend Cyberoam, but it's expensive af.

McAfee is trash, the others are all good except they take more resources than Panda + Malwarebytes combo and offer less than Comodo alone.
08-19-2016, 09:08 AM (This post was last modified: 08-19-2016 09:09 AM by cybersofts.)
Nice share, bro!

Max rep +5 added!

Thanks
[Image: p3HfDE6.gif]
08-19-2016, 11:35 AM
Excellent Share
75.gif
08-19-2016, 10:49 PM
Thanks guys.

(08-16-2016 05:04 PM)Vascos Wrote:  good to use startpage.com for private search instead of g00gle
Yeah I adressed that alreadylevel 3 and step 5.
08-20-2016, 12:30 AM
+Reps Added. Awesome stuff. Thanks a lot!
08-21-2016, 09:21 PM (This post was last modified: 08-21-2016 09:31 PM by kontiki.)
For Mac users - are they applicable right of the bat? I mean some of the info for example Panda for Mac costs 75 usd

(06-02-2016 08:56 PM)Walt The Heavyweight Wrote:  Hi, this is CySec101 and I'm Walt. I've worked as a cyber security consultant for various companies and this is the field where I'm most comfortable in. I've noticed that most people are absolutely CLUELESS about staying safe on the internet, so I thought I would make this tutorial on about how to stay safe for FREE.

First of all, free antivirus is BETTER than CRACKED antiviruses. Non-cloud based antiviruses rely on frequent signature databases updates, but nulled and cracked software don't update properly.

We have three levels.

1) GRANDMOTHER LEVEL

You need to "set-up" a primary defense for a relative, who knows nothing about computers and is likely to click on malicious advertisements?

Step 1. Clean install Windows

Step 2. Install FULL FREE Comodo Antivirus.
COMODO antivirus comes with a antivirus, firewall, web filter(for infected sites) and scans automatically. It's an all-in-one solution.

Step 3. Install a non-IE browser such as Chrome, Firefox, Opera or Vivaldi and install the qBlock Origin extension, it will block most malicious ads. (Vivaldi is the browser I use)

2) CASUAL LEVEL

This is a good choice for everyday users who have nothing to hide, but want to stay safe and don't mind Google, Facebook, Apple, ISP and government tracking you.

Step 1. Install Panda FREE Antivirus - now this is a REAL TIME, cloud based antivirus, which means real time detection. Low on resources. This is what I use, despite having free premium software.

Step 2. Install Malware-bytes FREE - best tool against malware. The free version doesn't scan automatically so I would configure it to scan once a week, doesn't take resources. (you can find premium cracked on torrents. i suggest thepiratebay and kickass torrents cause there u can see user feedback)

Step 3. CCleaner. To clean up old files, speed up pc. (again u can find premium on torrent)

Step 4. qBlock Origin to your browsers.

3) TRYHARD LEVEL* (not completely free)
*If you do anything illegal, such as download stolen e-merch, I'd recommend using this.

Step 1. Use a VPN, there are more than 100 out there, I have some gift cards from my ex-company so I use them. (VPN is crucial if you use public-wifi, your pc can be hacked within seconds if you're connected to public wifi). GOOD TIP:

Step 2. Back-up EVERYTHING. If you have everything on your pc, then invest to a cloud server and wise-versa. For example FREE 20GB cloud room at pCloud or 3.99$ for 500GB storage.

Step 3. Install COMODO or WebRoot SecureAnywhere

(optional)Step 4. Install Tor browser.

Step 5. Stop using Gmail and google.com, instead use tutanota.com for encrypted mails and duckduckgo.com for your search engine. This way Google can't track you.

(optional)Step 6. Buy Ruckus ZoneFlex router, to give you complete vision over your internet network, e.g what other users are doing or if somebody's trying to access this.

(optional)Step 7. Stop using your local bank's debet and credit cards, sign up with Payoneer, you get a free VISA card and your government can't tax you.

BONUS ROUND: Which antivirus is better: Symantec, ESET NOD, Kaspersky, McAfee, Avast, Avira, BitDefender etc etc???
BONUS ROUND2: Why don't I talk about firewalls? The Windows firewall combined with good antivirus is good enough for 90% users. For premium hackers I'd recommend Cyberoam, but it's expensive af.

McAfee is trash, the others are all good except they take more resources than Panda + Malwarebytes combo and offer less than Comodo alone.

Yes would like to know how to hack neighbours wifi and is there a tuskanote.com email service? Repped OP.

(07-09-2016 09:12 AM)Walt The Heavyweight Wrote:  Guys, new TRYHARD HACKER WANNABE path, FREE:
For those who want to dox, hack, scam, social engineer. Really easy, too. (absolutely overkill for leechers)

1. Install Tails OS on a computer (you have to either format your computer or get a new/old computer, I suggest using an older computer, as this OS is very light weight)
2. Install Tor Browser, disable cookies (Tails OS comes with it automatically actually)
3. Install VPN
4. Use only encrypted emails such as encryptedmail.com or tuskanote.com use disconnect.me instead of Google (Tor does that automatically anyway)
5. hack, scam, illegal shiz???????
6. Peace of mind. Avoid public wifi.

^ -< this is as close as you can get to unbreachable software wise, you can toughen it up with router and firewall systems with hardware, but that would be literally NATO level of security.

anybody want to know how to hack neighbor's wifi?
08-21-2016, 09:39 PM
Thanks for response, the wifi hack is on page one, scroll down, one of the last posts.

Sorry Tuskanote has seem to disappeared, try this one! Protonmail.com they've been around and are reliable!
08-24-2016, 09:25 AM (This post was last modified: 08-24-2016 09:29 AM by Walt The Heavyweight.)
Update: Recently got hit by a virus... HARD.

Here's what happened: I'm using a cracked Windows 10, because the original "free upgrade" didn't work on my legit Win7 license, I have no idea why, but it fucked my computer up. No biggie, torrented a cracked one. Been a peaceful year and haven't seen a single virus in 6 months despite being a very active leecher and torrenter. Till yesterday I decided to clean up my pc off some old programs, one of them was some Microsoft product, old office part, but removing it, it removed my windows being activated. No biggie.

So I got a new crack and boom, moments later I notice cpu being 20c hotter than it's supposed to be, getting pop ups like it's 1990. So I obviously scan my system with my Panda antivirus... 0 hits. Malwarebytes while was detecting things, it got messed up and froze up. Chrome stopped working. Chinese shit started to appear.

Luckily I know what to do in critical situations, disabled admin access for my user, cleared internet cache of saved passwords, re-booted with safe mode and download trial of HitmanPro and this thing detected it right away: my Panda antivirus got infected. Amongst 903 other things in just 10 minutes, but this being the biggest problem. From now on I uninstalled this and stop recommending it, alternative? COMODO. Definitely COMODO, it's practically impossible to get infected if you have sandbox function activated all the time.

Lesson learned. Stay safe, fam.

Edit: Sorry I missed a question above. Is this applicable for Mac users? Sorry, I have no idea. I know viruses are on a big trend on Mac, but I've never touched Mac systems. The VPN part applies.
5.gif

56.gif