36.gif

Search (advanced search)
Use this Search form before posting, asking or make a new thread.
Tips: Use Quotation mark to search words (eg. "How To Make Money Online")

03-06-2020, 05:46 AM
Are You Struggling To Get Stuff Done? ADHD, ADD, Attention and Focus Help Thread
Hi Guys,

I was recently diagnosed with ADD. (Attention Deficit Disorder)

A lot of people don't understand this illness and have misconceptions or stereotypical views on what it is and how it affects people.

It's even worse if you have been going through your whole life and you only find out in your late 30's.

I have had successes and have achieved things I never thought I could but I have also self-sabotaged and crashed many times.

Because I didn't know about my condition it has made parts of my life very difficult for me and because of the stresses of running a business and family I had with a few challenges I had a complete breakdown last year.

In truth, it was coming for some time as I became less and less effective and efficient. Stuff I was good at I couldn't do anymore. Because I didn't know why I couldn't concentrate on 1 task or my head was all over the place I developed anxiety and depression and I became very ill. I was so ill I couldn't even reply to emails, respond to messages or even invoice clients let alone run a business.

People who have never suffered from depression or mental health may not be able to relate to this, but others who have probably can. It's like having a black cloud over your head stopping you from doing what you want to do, like an invisible force holding you back.

the good news is Depression is easy to beat if you know how but ADD or ADHD isn't if you don't know you have it. You can't complete a project your struggling to finish with will power or get out of the house and to an appointment on time unless you know you don't have a neurotypical mind and you have strategies to cope with how your brain works.

Trust me I tried every productivity app out there, read countless personal development books and watched hours of videos on trying to become a more efficient productive person. I started to believe, maybe I'm just flawed and unreliable.

But the truth was something different, the truth was I'm not lazy, I'm not unreliable and I'm not flawed, my brain just works differently and as long as I have strategies and as long as I do the right things and eat the right foods I can have a normal life. There's no cure for ADD or ADHD but you can treat it and if you learn how it works it can actually become a superpower.

The best way I heard someone describe it was its like having a Ferrari for a brain but with bicycle breaks, so unless you learn how to strengthen the breaks you will keep crashing.

so the reason for creating this thread is I want to raise awareness for this condition as I believe there are a lot of people that are still undiagnosed and could be suffering. I also think with social media, messenger apps, 1000's of courses and different ways of making money with different gurus giving you conflicting advice I believe attention and focus has never been a bigger problem than it is right now.

I also believe I was able to get by before as I used to work in sales and i was able to work under pressure (I will explain this in a later post) but now with all the distractions and how overworked our brains are daily this was always going to happen to me, and even if you don't suffer from ADHD or ADD you could have a serious problem with focus and attention in your life.

So I will be posting resources and help for people you need help strategies or who just need help to heal.

Also by teaching these strategies to people I also get a deeper understanding which helps me. When you can teach something you get a much deeper understanding then when your are just consuming some information.

Thank you for your attention and appreciate it Thanks

Rushie

P.S here is a quick video explaining ADD and ADHD

Any questions please reply in the this thread
03-06-2020, 08:34 PM (This post was last modified: 03-08-2020 12:29 AM by Rush Returns.)
RE: Are You Struggling To Get Stuff Done? ADHD, ADD, Attention and Focus Help Thread
This is the video I saw which helped me understand I have ADD/ADHD

If you are struggling and you think you may have this condition I highly recommend checking it out

Also here is an unofficial test you can go through to learn if you have have ADHD/ADD symptoms

Thank you,

Rushie
03-07-2020, 03:22 AM
RE: Are You Struggling To Get Stuff Done? ADHD, ADD, Attention and Focus Help Thread
Thanks my son has ADHD and I also have ADD.
03-07-2020, 08:29 PM
HEY RUSHIE

YOU HAVE TIME TO POST THIS, BUT NOT TIME TO SORT DELIVERY ON PRODUCTS PEOPLE HAVE PAID YOU FOR???

WHAT'S GOING ON...ARE YOU TRYING TO SCAM US??
03-07-2020, 10:16 PM
(03-07-2020 03:22 AM)Footy99 Wrote:  Thanks my son has ADHD and I also have ADD.

Hi Footy99,

Sorry to hear your son suffers too. My son also has ADHD and ASD which is probably the only reason how I discovered what I had as I didn't really understand ADHD/ADD before and what the actual symptoms and problems can be.

Also when you have had something all your life its kind of your normal so you don't really question why things are the way they are.

Can I ask, how are you coping? Do you have any strategies or do you take medication?

I'll be sharing everything I've learned in this thread but if you ever want to talk privately feel free to PM me :-)
62.gif
03-07-2020, 10:28 PM
As I said in the 1st post I will be listing resources and strategies for coping with ADHD or any other attention-related condition.

I do believe there is an epidemic with what I call "entrepreneurial ADHD".

Symptoms of "entrepreneurial ADHD" can be trying to do too many things at once and getting nothing done.

Maybe you're running more than 1 business or your trying to learn too many different skills at the same time.

Maybe your starting courses and then starting other courses that have just come out before you finished the previous course which takes you in a completely different direction.

Maybe you have so many different plugins, softwares and strategies that you don't even know what you should be doing anymore and now you are lost and you don't know what you should be spending your attention on.

You're like a kid in a sweetshop and you have too many options and you don't know which option to take.

1st you need to find out if you have ADHD/ADD or what I call "entrepreneurial ADHD"

Youll find strategies on how to deal with both in this thread but 1st it is important you distinguish which one you have although all strategies will hope either way.

Here is another video on how to know if you have ADHD

Here is another video that touches on the bigger overall problem which covers all the attention and neuro problems we are facing in our society today.

03-07-2020, 11:19 PM
This made myself convince that I kinda have the same condition. Besides, I hope you are doing well and safe now.
03-09-2020, 03:04 AM
(03-07-2020 08:29 PM)Willmott Wrote:  HEY RUSHIE

YOU HAVE TIME TO POST THIS, BUT NOT TIME TO SORT DELIVERY ON PRODUCTS PEOPLE HAVE PAID YOU FOR???

WTF are you talking about?

Did you read what I have put?

I delivered the GB to you, my pcloud account was terminated

IT IS NOT MY RESPONSIBILITY TO HOST FILES FOR YOU

IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO MAKE YOUR OWN COPIES

HOW IS IT A SCAM WHEN I DELIVERED THE GB????????????

[b]I have spent hours re-upping everything for the people like you who never bothered saving files to your account

Think next time before you post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[/b]
Mad Slap

Hitface
03-11-2020, 07:41 PM
multiple promises that you will re-send the info and NOTHING!

Thanks a lot PAL!

(03-09-2020 03:04 AM)Rushie Wrote:  

[b]I have spent hours re-upping everything for the people like you who never bothered saving files to your account

[/b]
Mad Slap

Hitface
03-11-2020, 07:43 PM
Multiple promises that you will re-send the info and NOTHING!

Thanks a lot PAL!

(03-09-2020 03:04 AM)Rushie Wrote:  

[/b]
Mad Slap

Hitface
58.gif

48.gif