85.gif

Search (advanced search)
Use this Search form before posting, asking or make a new thread.
Tips: Use Quotation mark to search words (eg. "How To Make Money Online")

05-28-2017, 10:23 AM (This post was last modified: 05-28-2017 10:23 AM by n3120.)
Are Exact Match Domains still powerful?
Hey guys,

I've been away from the SEO side of things for a while, but I was wondering if Exact Match Domains still had a lot of power or if it would be better to go for a Partial Match or perhaps a Brand Domain?

What are your thoughts?

Thanks
05-28-2017, 06:10 PM
RE: Are Exact Match Domains still powerful?
In my experience it still works if there is less competition. I recently worked on the project and i got success within 90 days. Below are the steps i took.
1) Bought exact match domain
2) Built unique contents (no shortcuts, used copyscape)
3) Found google pagespeed friendly HTML template (I got more success with normal html sites than wordpress)
4) Used social bookmarking websites for faster indexing
5) Submitted proper sitemaps to google,bing etc.
6) Verified business location by postcard (Received postcard from google within a week and took 30 days to receive postcard from bing)
6) and thing like kw research etc.

and yehh. i got no 1 position on local results and no 3 position on organic results without link building . Sorry for my bad english.
05-28-2017, 11:11 PM
If you have the choice, you should go exact match, though it's only going to help you with low competition keywords.
MIRROR AND +REP - DON'T BE A LEECH!
05-29-2017, 04:55 AM
EMD are fine to use with great content , just keep in mind if you are branding yourself, your business or your site you might want to go more generic to feature a wider variety of services or keywords. Google is frowning about EMD's in small niches..
Google rolled out a new algorithm update in which they will penalize low-quality exact match domains (EMD penalty). Many Webmasters who are into micro niche blogging, for them exact match domain penalty seems like one of the worse updates.

As announced by Matt Cutts on Twitter:
This new algorithm change will affect “Exact-match” domains with low-quality content. Earlier, exact match domains are priceless as they have the advantage of the keyword in the URL and exact monthly searches for the Keyword, which used to drive extra traffic.

Also, using exact match domain used to give an extra advantage to the search engine and you could easily rank with low-quality content. According to the report, many “exact match” domains already slipped out of first 10 ranking, and many sites missed the first 100 spot.
06-22-2017, 04:01 PM
I don't think so, I think brand name domain is potential, what do you think ?
9.gif

44.gif