26.gif

Search (advanced search)
Use this Search form before posting, asking or make a new thread.
Tips: Use Quotation mark to search words (eg. "How To Make Money Online")

12-05-2014, 02:34 PM
[Advice] Setting up Social Media profiles for clients (businesses)
Hi Everyone,

I'm generally in the web design space in my area and have been getting into the social media consultation/marketing arena. I was wondering how to best go about setting up social media profiles for businesses. I have been comfortable with using FTP for up/downloading web files, etc, and asking for permission for using their account or having one made for a guest...but maintaining someone's social media is a different animal.

If I were to create them, do I use an email from their company/marketing team - or do I make one entirely from scratch for them (with their consent of course) so that I have access to it for sign up/management purposes, posting, etc...?

Sorry such a noob question, but from all the courses I've been thru, I don't think I have ever run into that being discussed.

Thanks for your thoughts!.....
the bug
12-06-2014, 04:25 AM
RE:
Good question am also interested in knowing what other might think about that.
12-06-2014, 01:41 PM
RE:
Depends on the Social Network.
-Facebook Fanpages allow you to assign "admins" which give them full access
-Twitter/Instagram/Youtube its my understanding you will need login/password details.

When I have created for biz clients, I have created a social@clientdomain email address and use that for all social profiles.
If client has existing social profiles, I get login info and verify/change to a single email for all profiles
[Image: web-hosting-banner.jpg]
12-08-2014, 03:09 AM
RE:
Thanks IndeedQ - that's a very good idea.
12-18-2014, 08:13 AM
RE:
Hoot suite - learn it use it! thats what we use on our accounts
70.gif

31.gif