6.gif

Search (advanced search)
Use this Search form before posting, asking or make a new thread.
Tips: Use Quotation mark to search words (eg. "How To Make Money Online")

08-07-2019, 12:02 AM
Advice From the Best Life Coach Who Never Sold Life Coaching
What would the best life coach who never sold life coaching told you?

Well, here´s what:

39 life-changing lessons from Gary Halbert
1. There is no justice. There is only power.
2. Try things at least twice (most will quit after the first time).
3. When you depend on others, you give yourself an excuse for failure.
4. Exercise daily.
5. When most people tell others of any plan to improve, they are met with negativity.
6. Write your goals down and go over them daily.
7. Have a rough timetable of how you’re going to accomplish things.
8. Go over your plans multiple times with partners to ensure clarity.
9. Rely on your own strength instead of someone else's compassion (related to #3).
10. You don’t need to act tough. You need to BE tough.
11. As a man, there is no downside to having big arms.
12. The money is where the enthusiasm is.
13. If you want to figure out what people buy, observe what they actually do buy.
14. As a general rule, any list of proven buyers will outperform any list of non-buyers.
15. Most of the world’s work is done by people who didn’t feel like getting out of bed.
16. You don’t have to get it right. You just have to keep moving.
17. A person’s birthday is the most important day of the year - to them.
18. 1. Attention, 2. Interest, 3. Desire, 4. Action (AIDA).
19. The best way to become a good writer is by writing.
20. Never make a decision when you’re hungry, angry, lonely, or tired (HALT).
21. Sell people what they want to buy (similar to #12).
22. Wait 72 hours after being emotional to make an important decision.
23. Start even if you don't know how.
24. Have an explanation for a sale.
25. You don’t have control over what happens to you, you have control over your response.
26. Appeal to your customer’s self-interest.
27. Read your copy out loud.
28. Figure out what works. Apply. (Have a swipe file.)
29. Products are fickle, markets are forever.
30. When everyone else is taking a break, you should be working.
31. It doesn’t matter how much you learn if you don’t use it.
32. It doesn’t matter how much you learn if you don’t use it.
33. There are two types of people: those who have things done to them and those who do it themselves.
34. Believability is one of the most important ingredients of good copy.
35. Increase believability with details.
36. One way to tell if you’re off is if you bump into things.
37. Cut out the negatives from your life without hesitation.
38. Good times and good people are precious.
39. If you keep on keeping on, results will follow.

My 10 favorite quotes from Gary Halbert:
1. “The primary and most important thing in all of Direct Mail Land is to get the envelope delivered and opened.”
2. “The written word is the strongest source of power in the entire universe.”
3. “It’s a matter of timing. Selling is like seduction. If you ask a woman to go to bed with you, whether or not she says ‘yes’ is largely a matter of when you ask her.”
4. “Selling is not yelling. Selling is not tricks.”
5. “PASSION… Let your excitement and enthusiasm spill out all over the page. Don’t hold back. Put that pen to the page and RAVE!”
6. “Get yourself a collection of good ads and DM pieces and read them aloud and copy them in your own handwriting.”
7. “The most important thing is a hungry market. Not a brilliant burger.”
8. “Find a market first… and then concentrate on a product.”
9. “Motion beats meditation.”
10. “Everyone wants to climb the mountain, but the big difference between those at the top and those still on the bottom is simply a matter of showing up tomorrow to give it just one more shot.”

A Collection Of
Truths, Ideas And Observations
Which Can Dramatically Enhance
Your Quality Of Life!
Enjoy.

Self esteem is everything: The first "must have" for success is... the honest-to-God, no-bullshit belief you deserve success!
Nothing wins more than superior preparation.
People will do almost anything to stay in their "comfort zone." Never take someone out of their own comfort zone when you are trying to sell them something.
On the other hand, if you have the courage to put yourself outside your own "comfort zone"... repeatedly... you will certainly gain humongous rewards.
All men are very much alike. It is their habits which separate them.
Time is the irretrievable element. The most important choices you will ever make is how you use your time. Remember... every second counts!
If you have enough money to solve a problem... then... you don't have a problem.
Bankers only lend money to people who don't need it.
Marketing is the fuel which drives your business.
Never buy a hotel when all you want is a room for the night. It's like marrying a woman and committing to her for life... when... all you really want is a piece of ass.
You can be good at making excuses... or... you can be good at producing results. You cannot be good at both. Only you can decide.
Never punish anyone... including yourself... for any mistake made out of enthusiasm.
If you desire to become wealthy, you must be in business for yourself.
It takes almost the same amount of time and energy to manage tiny projects or businesses as it takes to manage massive ones... but... the massive ones are the ones which give you massive rewards.
Be wary of people who describe themselves as church-going Christian businessmen. Going to church and saying you are a Christian is like walking into a garage and saying you are a car.
The first wealth is health.
Always, always, always pay retail. It's so much cheaper (in the long-run).
You can't get something for nothing. The price is too high.
Get yourself a personal trainer whom you have to pay... even if... you don't show up for your exercise session. That way, you either exercise... or... you pay the price immediately for not doing so.
An alert, focused, razor-sharp mind can slice through any challenge.
Wealth is the result of man's capacity to think.
People treat you like you teach them to treat you.
Cut all ties with dishonest, negative or lazy people. This includes relatives and close friends. You simply cannot afford to have them in your life.
Your work is not your life. It is only a part of your life. People who are obsessed with work are running away from life. No matter how much money they are making, they are still losers.
Spend your life. Don't save it. If you do save it, you'll die a bitter, bitter man.
Situations aren't important. How you react to them is. You have to play it where it lies.
If your purpose in life is to have security, you will be a failure. Security is the lowest form of happiness. (Besides, security simply doesn't exist.)
Great love and great achievement involve great risk.
It is far better to apologize for something you've already done... than... it is to ask permission for something you want to do. After all, that permission may be denied.
Most people spend 90% of their time on what they're not best at... and... only 10% of their time on their best ability. Successfulpeople delegate that 90%... and... are thus able to spend all their time on their "unique" ability.
The formula for business success is simple: Find out what people want and give it to them. But, you must find out what they really want... not... just what they say they want.
The best way to get started is to get started.
Movement always produces more results than meditation.
Attack life. Wait for nothing.
He has half the deed done who has made a beginning.
The future starts today (right now)... not tomorrow.
When it's a matter of producing or starving, people don't starve.
Get yourself a first-class personal assistant like my invaluable Theresa (Hah! Good luck trying!) and do whatever it takes to keep her in your life.
If you have RARE Direct Response courses i will bribe the hell out of you with latest Dan Kennedy stuff nobody has on the entire blackhat part of the internet! Send me a pm.
08-07-2019, 03:49 PM
RE: Advice From the Best Life Coach Who Never Sold Life Coaching
Excellent! I know I have these somewhere but forgot about them- Thanks for the reminder!
08-07-2019, 04:59 PM
wish I could give more reps. BEST POST EVER!
08-07-2019, 05:36 PM
True gold, thanks GetStuffDone...you made my day buddy

Reps added
08-07-2019, 07:07 PM
I was worried nobody would get it...But there are still people who love Gary here!
Thanks for your comments guys!
17.gif
08-07-2019, 11:15 PM
Thank you much. God advices. Heart

✨ OPEN A NEW ETSY SHOP WITH THIS FREE 40 LISTINGS
FOR 4 MONTH! https://etsy.me/3MVv7ZI
08-09-2019, 07:15 AM
max reps, OP - thanks!

The Boron Letters are good, too - they're as much personal development / how to lead a kicka$$ life as they are marketing and business.
08-09-2019, 11:55 AM
Copying and pasting this into a word document for easy reference. Solid post. Thanks, GSD!
08-13-2019, 06:55 AM
This is so good!

Thanks for taking the time.

I am reading it for the 5th time today!

Max reps.
08-14-2019, 11:20 PM
(08-07-2019 07:07 PM)GetStuffDone Wrote:  I was worried nobody would get it...But there are still people who love Gary here!
Thanks for your comments guys!

You must be kidding! Gary Halbert is one of those guys that is hard to forget.... And if you are either in the content production field, online sales and/or marketing and you do NOT know his name, you must have been under a rock for a good part of your life.

Over the years I have read a lot of his stuff, followed his advice, and it has paid off. His idea of finding great ads and then hand writing them out over and over is something I resisted when I was first starting out copywriting... My results were not that great... Then, like a bolt of lightning one day when one of my landing pages was doing really bad, I decided "SCREW IT", Gary killed it, so why not give his ideas a try and do exactly what he said to do....

Made all the difference as I over and over wrote those ads out and soon my brain went into Mini Gary Mode....

I may never be as good a copywriter as Gary, I am still working on my craft all the time, but I have come a long way and it is from listening to the masters and then doing the work they suggest you do.

Worked for them, worked for me....

Cheers,

G.S.
41.gif
Consistency builds momentum... And that’s how dreams become a reality.

24.gif