36.gif

Search (advanced search)
Use this Search form before posting, asking or make a new thread.
Tips: Use Quotation mark to search words (eg. "How To Make Money Online")

11-07-2012, 10:01 PM
using nulled/free premium/illegal wordpress themes
does anyone experience any problem (excluding malware threats/malicious backlinks/etc etc) using these themes?
i know that if you use these illegal themes u can get sued, or legal action, but does anyone really have experienced this?
just asking, thanks btw...
11-11-2012, 10:42 AM
RE:
By illegal do you mean you didn't buy them? or Illegal as in offering something like gambling that is illegal where you live?
I have never heard of anyone getting into troubled using themes they did not pay for.
If would be almost impossible for the person that developed the theme to track down copies that weren't paid for by the owner of the site.
11-11-2012, 08:12 PM
RE:
I bought a theme from themeforest, i wasnt even given a license key
11-11-2012, 08:55 PM
RE:
be careful when using nulled themes ... most of them are injected with malicious code ;) Its a very effective system for hijacking websites ...

I sometimes will download and use a nulled/illegally downloaded theme just to test it if it suits me, but to be on the safe side I buy them before I use them in production sites ... and ALWAYS use legal themes when you do work for clients ....
Places to go and people to be.
11-11-2012, 09:23 PM
RE:
People can't really sue you when you are using paid themes "illegally", unless they have good TOS, which they almost never have. The only thing to watch for is whether the themes are infected or not.
8.gif
11-12-2012, 01:04 AM
RE:
thanks for info

54.gif