68.gif

Search (advanced search)
Use this Search form before posting, asking or make a new thread.
Tips: Use Quotation mark to search words (eg. "How To Make Money Online")

12-29-2014, 06:49 PM
sites stealing content from my site using an application/software
hey all i need everyones guidance

there are few sites which are stealing content from my site using an application/software . how to protect my content? how to block that s/w to scrap content from my site?
today i put 2 hour efforts on content and in 5 minutes it was stolen and even they put their own watermarks on pictures . i am feeling quite angry and frustrated.
i always ignored them but this time i want to deal a severe blow to them.

app/software is python based
12-30-2014, 12:47 AM
RE:
Start tracking IP addresses and user agents, check server logs manually to see what is pulling your content and block GET requests in .htaccess

or use Aprotect script, http://www.mediafire.com/download/7vs7sn...ct-TZ-.zip , go through the script, edit what bots to be blocked and set your email to receive logs on email and you should be able to see that software and block his IP ranges and user agent.
01-03-2015, 04:21 AM
RE:
try using wordfense it helps with tracking of ip
01-05-2015, 06:40 AM
RE:
Cloudflare.com might be useful. It is free, takes only a few minutes to set up, but you need to be able to change your domain's DNS records.
01-05-2015, 08:20 AM
RE:
maybe try to disable right click mouse on your website ! it helps
60.gif
01-11-2015, 05:52 AM
RE:
(01-05-2015 08:20 AM)nabil987 Wrote:  maybe try to disable right click mouse on your website ! it helps

Not if your content thieves know how to find the source code or if they have JavaScript disabled.
Additionally it will not work at all against any bots, scrapers, crawlers or whatever kind of software is used for automatic content scraping.
Of course it has the potential of stopping some content thieves, but I daresay the more "dangerous" ones will know how to get around tricks like that.
01-28-2015, 06:18 PM
RE:
sorry for the late reply everyone . I thought my thread wasn't published here
i have right click disabled and i know it won't work rest is best described by PHILW

i was behind cloudflare but that also didn't worked . they are using few application [pascal based application] and somehow i blocked it but it also started to block few visitors and they couldn't see the pictures and so i removed it.

its not a wordpress site so wordfense won't work .

@azure sites are using free application so how to track ip address ? well i am checking the scrip[t and will let everyone know what i found
01-29-2015, 12:50 PM
RE:
I think if you know you are about to post some good content, make sure you ping it, twitt it, facebook like it, google plus it, etc , the second it is live on your site. Make sure you get google spider to know that your site is the very first website that published it. After that, it ain't matter if it get copied on other sites.
01-29-2015, 01:23 PM
RE:
maybe watermark it yourself so it gets harder to steal ?
01-29-2015, 08:24 PM
RE:
I did watermark the pictures but those sites are shameless . this is going on for a long time but i ignored them but since december they started to steal lot of content from my site and i dealt with 1 free application by reading its source code and how it works but creator of application also changed things : so it is like a game going on between developer and me

right now i am trying to understand the aprotect script given to me by azure : i will post results here later on .
75.gif

52.gif