29.gif

Search (advanced search)
Use this Search form before posting, asking or make a new thread.
Tips: Use Quotation mark to search words (eg. "How To Make Money Online")

03-14-2018, 02:32 AM
.shop or .com for Online Store?
Hi! What domain extension you recommend for ecommerce store?
NicheShop.com - long, harder to write and remember
Niche.shop - short cool looking, but I don't know what people think about extension they probably never seen before. Do they trust it as same as com? I not talking about .mx , .io... but .shop for online store.

Anyway both domains with my niche KW are already taken..
So putting ''best" in front of domain is good or bad idea?
BestNicheShop.com
or
BestNiche.shop
03-18-2018, 08:12 AM
RE: .shop or .com for Online Store?
(03-14-2018 02:32 AM)ronijs Wrote:  Hi! What domain extension you recommend for ecommerce store?
NicheShop.com - long, harder to write and remember
Niche.shop - short cool looking, but I don't know what people think about extension they probably never seen before. Do they trust it as same as com? I not talking about .mx , .io... but .shop for online store.

From what I've seen, people are generally more comfy doing financial transactions on .com than on .shop as the former is more familiar.

It would also depend on your target market (baby boomers, gen xyz, millennials, ...), level of tech familiarity of your customers, as well as nature of product sold.

Also, as browsers add .com suffix if none is supplied to try to resolve the link, if someone forgets the extension and types NicheShop, depending on their browser, they could still land up on your page, but with just Niche, they would be taken to Niche.com.

(03-14-2018 02:32 AM)ronijs Wrote:  Anyway both domains with my niche KW are already taken..
So putting ''best" in front of domain is good or bad idea?
BestNicheShop.com
or
BestNiche.shop

As you said previously, longer name = harder to remember (unless it is same as something which is trendy).

10-12 chars is okay, anything larger, you are relying on memory or bookmarking ability of the prospective customer!

Disclaimer: These are individual opinions based on what I would probably do. Having said that, one never knows - it is quite possible that a website named microfaceinstagooglygrambooksoft.trilliondollaridea could become next star business.

26.gif