59.gif

Search (advanced search)
Use this Search form before posting, asking or make a new thread.
Tips: Use Quotation mark to search words (eg. "How To Make Money Online")

11-24-2016, 10:00 PM
[please help answer this] SEO Question
Hi Friends,

First of all sorry for posting in this section. posting it here, knowing that it would get the maximum eyeball and hence, the answer as well.

Please help me answer this question

An online store sells around 2 million different products. Suggest an algorithm to prioritize products for Search Engine Optimization (SEO) . Also show us the steps in creating your model.

Thanks

A
11-24-2016, 10:31 PM
RE: [please help answer this] SEO Question
1. Go with SEMRush premium account.
2. Put your site you want to spy
3. Find URLs that rank specific keywords for top 100 results in google search
4. Then the rest is yours....Like use those urls on plugin like shows popular posts on homepage..

Enjoy :):)
Direct Message me if you need any HELP!!! Thanks
11-25-2016, 12:04 AM
Thanks rockzz .....

any one else please help with your input...

Thanks in advance
11-25-2016, 12:15 AM

I'll give you a step-by-step model for say, 200$?
11-25-2016, 03:07 AM
I think just follow "SEO that works" by brian dean Excellent course
make power page for your products
thanks
61.gif
11-25-2016, 10:49 AM
Wish i had the money to pay you walt...

The question is for an interview i have to give...

Hope someone can give me some help/guidelines...

Thanks for your time...
11-25-2016, 07:26 PM (This post was last modified: 11-25-2016 07:30 PM by actionguy.)
(11-24-2016 10:00 PM)azure293 Wrote:  Hi Friends,

First of all sorry for posting in this section. posting it here, knowing that it would get the maximum eyeball and hence, the answer as well.

Please help me answer this question

An online store sells around 2 million different products. Suggest an algorithm to prioritize products for Search Engine Optimization (SEO) . Also show us the steps in creating your model.

Thanks

A

You have to think about this question differently because the answer they expect is not your everyday answer you will read on the so called expert SEO blogs, neither will SemRush or Brian Dean help in this case.

I take it from your question that you are applying for a job at a large e-commerce company whose site indexes lots of products not your average site. This has nothing to do with quality content, backlinks or the usual SEO stuff you hear from the experts in this space.

So, back to your question with large e-commerce SEO sites it's more about solving problems with large data sets and finding problems and patterns. You have to read the robots.txt files to analyze what the sites are hiding.

You have to understand the structure of larger sites. One of the problems large sites are concerned with is crawlability why? Because it leads to indexation which equals to higher rankings.

Another problem is distribution of their backlinks among their key pages.

You have to think more about data analysis and hypothesis.

They use Apache hive or SQL. Nothing to do with plugins.

You need to have experience with Algorithmic marketing, A.I., Machine Learning, SQL, JS, Advanced Excel or Access skills.

Sites like Amazon and TripAdvisor this is what they use to rank in Google.

Note: If the site is so large then they don't use Excel because it crashes with many URLs instead they use SQL.

Many large sites use SQL + Visual mapping to make architectural changes that led to better crawling and more indexing because architectural changes lead to better crawlability, which leads to more indexing, and finally: better rankings.

Hope this leads you in the right direction.
11-25-2016, 09:02 PM (This post was last modified: 11-25-2016 09:11 PM by firas14.)
Great tips and starting point from actionguy, well said. Definitely you should start by auditing current website to check if it has some sort of penalties: double content, double indexing, no indexing of some pages, url structure, robots.txt, sitemaps, , Spammy link profile or negative SEO, coding errors, onsite SEO..

Check their Google search console and analytics to understand data, use hrefs and majestic SEO to analyze backlink profile...

what's more important also is their site silo structure and the quality of content on website.

It is a broad question, but hope this can help..

Best Cool
Believe In The Power Inside You! And Take Action..

8.gif