66.gif

Search (advanced search)
Use this Search form before posting, asking or make a new thread.
Tips: Use Quotation mark to search words (eg. "How To Make Money Online")

06-21-2016, 04:54 AM
long sentences vs. short sentences?
Has anybody tested long, complex sentences vs. short sentences?

I noticed that Dan Kennedy is using lots of long and complex sentences. Lots of people are telling me that it's better to use short sentences as they are easier to comprehend. What do you guys think?
If you have RARE Direct Response courses i will bribe the hell out of you with latest Dan Kennedy stuff nobody has on the entire blackhat part of the internet! Send me a pm.
06-24-2016, 04:03 AM
RE: long sentences vs. short sentences?
It depends on your audience.
For example, in B2B copy sentences tend to be more succinct. With the exception of product descriptions, use of two or more adjectives or adverbs in a sentence is generally too much.
06-24-2016, 04:10 AM
Short sentences are best. You have to think of mobile users. Here is a good guide on it.

https://www.authorityhacker.com/formatting/
07-07-2016, 04:39 AM
The only possible way to know what works for your particular piece of copy is to test it.

Period.

End of discussion.

Everything else is assumption... and assumption leads to less money.

I'll say this though - when I am targeting the general "herd"... I dumb shit down. A LOT. That is what I start with as a control and then mess around and continually try to beat it with various styles of writing. People scan when they read. Always keep that in mind.
07-07-2016, 05:14 PM
(07-07-2016 04:39 AM)NonConformer Wrote:  The only possible way to know what works for your particular piece of copy is to test it.

Period.

End of discussion.

I'll say this though - when I am targeting the general "herd"... I dumb shit down. A LOT. That is what I start with as a control and then mess around and continually try to beat it with various styles of writing. People scan when they read. Always keep that in mind.

I see what you did there NC. Nice play. +Reps for that :)

Master Roshi
21.gif
07-08-2016, 07:34 AM
(07-07-2016 05:14 PM)MasterRoshi Wrote:  
(07-07-2016 04:39 AM)NonConformer Wrote:  The only possible way to know what works for your particular piece of copy is to test it.

Period.

End of discussion.

I see what you did there NC. Nice play. +Reps for that :)

Master Roshi

Hehe, at least someone caught it. Wink
07-09-2016, 04:24 AM (This post was last modified: 07-09-2016 06:03 AM by GetStuffDone.)

Period.

End of discussion.

Thank you, i was waiting for ur reply. Reps can't show all appreciation for value you provide. After your post i started writing lie crazy. Mixing long and short sentences.
If you have RARE Direct Response courses i will bribe the hell out of you with latest Dan Kennedy stuff nobody has on the entire blackhat part of the internet! Send me a pm.

5.gif