47.gif

Search (advanced search)
Use this Search form before posting, asking or make a new thread.
Tips: Use Quotation mark to search words (eg. "How To Make Money Online")

06-18-2019, 11:07 PM
how to sort swipe file
So we have ...

copywriters...past and present

digital and dm

offers, headlines, bullets, order forms

long copy , short copy

books, articles and sl

The question how do you sort all this ?

And we have different markerts

And we have swiped file collection and liblaries

Sold and free

Complilations of thousands of headlines

Tamplates

Check lists

And hundrends of thousands of emails

VSL

And content copy

How the hell do you sort this all out?

I tried a couple of times but pretty soon it turnes in a monster with hundrends of heads

So any practical tips are highly welcomed.
If you have RARE Direct Response courses i will bribe the hell out of you with latest Dan Kennedy stuff nobody has on the entire blackhat part of the internet! Send me a pm.
06-19-2019, 04:40 AM
RE: how to sort swipe file
When in doubt, go alphabetical. I like to sort by marketer/company, myself. So everything Gary Halbert would be in the Gary Halbert master file. Then once I had everything sorted by marketer/company, I could go in and sort each master file down by medium. I always divide end up dividing into audio, books, courses, vidoes, and webpages. So each master file is broken down into those smaller subfolders. It's the easiest way for me to find things. :)
06-19-2019, 05:45 AM (This post was last modified: 06-19-2019 05:46 AM by GetStuffDone.)
MoneyMaven@ I was doing just like that but then it became a monster
06-19-2019, 08:01 AM
Yeah, when you have a monstrous amount of content, it happens. You could divvy stuff up by flash drives/cloud drives. Have A-C in one location, D-F in another. Then just keep a master list so you know where everything is located. I use my email drafts folder to store lists like that, so I don't lose it. Having it all scattered might not be what you want. I know when I try that I always end up moving it all back into one place. But if you were finding the amount of content overwhelming, just keeping the stuff you really need all together, then archiving away everything else could help. You probably have a lot of repetition in that swipe folder. :)
06-19-2019, 11:02 AM
I had the same problem too. I started to organize them with the copywriter's names but I always find really good and interesting copies that you don't find the writer's name so I save them to 'unknown' folder and it became overwhelming.

So I organize the folders with the types of swipes with subdirectories, for example (Health -> Landing Pages -> Long Copy -> Gary Halbert -If you have too many swipe files ).

It takes time but I can assure you that this the easiest way to find your swipes.
74.gif
06-21-2019, 12:59 AM
Thanks for replies guys!

I sorted this way

Market-Printed-long sales letter-author

76.gif