43.gif

Search (advanced search)
Use this Search form before posting, asking or make a new thread.
Tips: Use Quotation mark to search words (eg. "How To Make Money Online")

01-02-2014, 08:41 PM
extreme difference with backlink data
Hi guys,

first post here so I hope I did not do any form errors or anything stupid with this question.

First of all, thank you all for sharing so much information on this forum. It is by far the best internet marketing forum Ive encountered so far and the only one Ive actually posted on.

The following question might sound stupid to you but I hope you will help me out nevertheless.

I am analyizing a website and its competition right now. I used to use free tools like backlinktest.com and seokicks.de for this task before I found this forum. It is normal that the data varies on both since they use different data gathering methods but the general trend usually is the same.

Now thanks to you DarknessCoder I am able to use Market Samurai. This is where my confusion starts: Whereas the aforementioned tools showed me ~ 600 - 700 Links to that site Market Samurai shows me more than 4900 backlinks to that page and more than 5100 to the whole domain.
I know that they use majestic seo`s data and a difference is to be expected. This is a completely different scale though.

Moz`s OpenSiteExplorer`s data also is closer to my first 2 tools. It shows 363 links to that specific page and 730 to the root domain.
ahref supports market samurai`s data : 5.1k backlinks to the whole domain.

As mentioned above, I am completely aware that there will be differences with different tools. It is the scale of the difference that confuses me here.

Can you enlighten me please?

Since I do not want to waste too much space or spam this forum I think it is best to ask the other question I have here as well:
What is the worst thing that can happen if I go full blackhat on a youtube video of mine.
I tested something on one of my videos and had surprisingly much success so far (1st place in youtube, 1st place in google for the keyword + kaufen (german word for buy) and 2nd place international for the keyword itself).

If that account or video gets banned it is not much of a big deal since I can simply create a new one and since the video is not linking to any website of mine. However, what is the worst thing that could happen if it were an important channel and it were linking to my money site?

Wall of text, I apologize.
I am looking forward to your replies. Thank you in advance and yes, I almost forgot, happy new year guys.

12.gif