5.gif

Search (advanced search)
Use this Search form before posting, asking or make a new thread.
Tips: Use Quotation mark to search words (eg. "How To Make Money Online")

11-30-2012, 02:18 PM
did i F*** up??
i had bought a domain on namcheap called, yahooanswers.us

i got a mail yesterday

telling

Dear Sir or Madam:

This letter is being written to you on behalf of Yahoo! Inc. (“Yahoo!”). Yahoo! is the exclusive owner of all trademark and other intellectual property rights in and to the YAHOO! and Y! trademarks (the “Trademarks”), including the stylized YAHOO! and Y! logos. Yahoo! owns trademark registrations for the Trademarks. Yahoo! uses the Trademarks in connection with, among other things, its search engine services and online messenger services, and these marks have become firmly associated with Yahoo! in the minds of the public. Based on the foregoing rights, it is a violation of federal and state law for others to advertise, utilize, offer for sale, and/or engage in services in connection with the Trademarks without the express written permission of Yahoo!.

It has come to our attention that you have registered the below listed domain name(s) and are operating an active website at such domain name(s) :

yahooanswers.us

Your selection and use of the aforementioned domain name(s) creates the impression that your website is an authentic Yahoo! website, when in fact it is not. The Yahoo! name and mark is fanciful and strong and entitled to a broad scope of protection. There is no other reason for registering a domain name incorporating the Trademarks other than to trade off the established goodwill in the famous name and mark YAHOO!. Consumers are likely to be confused that the domain(s) is somehow associated with or sponsored by Yahoo! when it is not.

Your use and registration of the famous YAHOO! name and mark constitutes counterfeiting as well as infringement of Yahoo!’s trademark and service mark rights in violation of the Federal Trademark Act, 15 U.S.C. § 1051 et seq. and constitutes common law trademark infringement and unfair competition under state law. Your actions are also in violation of the Anticybersquatting Consumer Protection Act, 15 U.S.C. § 1125(d). Accordingly, you may be liable for up to $100,000 per domain name registered.

We therefore demand that you immediately cease and desist from infringing Yahoo!’s intellectual property. To that end, you must:

1. Immediately deactivate the website located at:

yahooanswers.us

2. Immediately take all necessary steps to transfer to Yahoo! the above domain name(s), including:
(a) Unlocking the domain name(s);
(b) Providing us with the authorization code for the domain name(s); and
© Subsequently executing any emails or other documents to effectuate the transfer.

3. Immediately cease using the famous name and mark YAHOO! and any other intellectual property
owned by Yahoo! or any other intellectual property confusingly similar thereto on any other Internet web sites that you run, or otherwise in connection with your activities.

The demands herein are not made to the exclusion of other rights or remedies to which Yahoo! is entitled, and nothing in this letter, nor any act or omission by Yahoo!, shall limit those rights or remedies, all of which are expressly reserved.

Very truly yours,

Global Brand Protection, Yahoo! Inc.

i checked the whois , dns points to markmonitor.com

am i in deep shit ?

im a bit worried. anyone wants the domain ?
11-30-2012, 07:04 PM
RE:
Hahaha send them e-mail that you are selling that domain and get higher price if they will accept or
put a message on head/footer of your website that your website has no relation to yahoo etc. and report this to yahoo.
HostGator $o.o1 hosting coupon code: 9dollars95cent
HostGator 25% discount coupon code: 25percentoffonall
12-01-2012, 03:25 AM
RE:
i just kept the domain as it was only available :D
no reply from ip@yahooenforcement.com
12-01-2012, 06:06 PM
RE:
markmonitor.com was purchased by Reuters the news service markmonitor.com basically use bots o surf the internet and find trademark violations then their bot contact the big corporation bot and send you the letter. If the letter was not addressed in your name then you don't have too much to worry (BEWARE of dear SIR Madam in usually used by scammers) about I checked your site you are not in deep shit now.
your problem is your site can easily turn into a phishing site and trick people. As long as you dont pretend to be YAHOO! INC you are ok but since yahoo answers is a common site like household name the you have a little trouble. If you add any content that yahoo legal team feel may harm their yahoo brand then you may get sued and if you live in the United States then they may make an example out of you. now if you got a domain name like dumbyahooanswers.com then you are free to do what you want.
Right now you are protected under ICANN act Uniform Domain Name Dispute Resolution Policy (mean your bought the site in good faith)

basically you are not spamming loading malware or selling the name to Google bing or ask.com
if i were you i would just sell the name to yahoo for at least what i paid for it
or park it
that's the quick answer
I got in trouble with the Y*ur baby Can Read people before so don't let big corporations scare and bully your but fight smartly.

Things you can do!
sell the web
12-02-2012, 11:20 PM
RE:
if it's real they will pay you out for the domain als just set that yahoo is in no way related to the site and that its a trademark of yahoo then you have no problems at all
41.gif
12-03-2012, 03:52 AM
RE:
thanks everyone, lost a few days sleep . but i know i got bbhf for support.

love you all
12-06-2012, 12:19 PM
RE:
(11-30-2012 07:04 PM)sukha_bansi Wrote:  Hahaha send them e-mail that you are selling that domain and get higher price if they will accept or
put a message on head/footer of your website that your website has no relation to yahoo etc. and report this to yahoo.
...My brain just started flooding with ideas!

62.gif