13.gif

Search (advanced search)
Use this Search form before posting, asking or make a new thread.
Tips: Use Quotation mark to search words (eg. "How To Make Money Online")

06-12-2016, 07:47 PM (This post was last modified: 06-12-2016 07:50 PM by amazonian.)
Youtube Creative Commons - Share Your Experience
Hi! I just created today a new youtube channel. My first video uploaded got me a strike. What I did was using the video editor I searched for creative commons video only, trimmed it deleting the intro of the original uploader. Then added annotation which points out to a marketing link in the description.

In my understanding of the creative commons is, I can use it and I can edit it.

Quote:Attribution is automatic under the CC BY license, meaning that any video you create using Creative Commons content will automatically show the source videos' titles underneath the video player. You retain your copyright and other users get to reuse your work subject to the terms of the license.

Quote:By marking your original video with a Creative Commons license, you are granting the entire YouTube community the right to reuse and edit that video.

Upon editing there is a text in the description that says : this video was created by youtube editor, I deleted that, since in the creative commons explanation in youtube, did not say it needs to be retained. So what do you think the reason for the strike is? It says inappropriate content.

Share your thoughts please, or share how to use the CC videos effectively and monetizing it without getting banned.

Thanks community!
"If God is all you have, then you have all you need." John 14:8
06-12-2016, 08:13 PM (This post was last modified: 06-12-2016 08:14 PM by amazonian.)
RE: Youtube Creative Commons - Share Your Experience
Update:

I created a video again, using creative commons, this time there is no strike but a copyright claim?

What I did was choose two videos and added it together with no editing this time, and no monetization whatsoever, just to see what will happen. And after a few minutes I got a copyright claim. The video was top 10 anime and a Football worst leg breaks. Both using CC.

The video said it is blocked in all countries. This CC is really on the gray area for me.
06-13-2016, 05:17 PM
Yes, This can happen at any time, But if you searching from youtube editor search this happens rarely.
But if you search for CC in youtube and use CC videos that can be problem. Bcoz many videos already copyright claimed.

second thing fight for this strike explain things how you get CC video, ask them why not shut This editor if not perfect. But I believe you will get prewritten message from youtube..They hardly put load on their mind or fingers :)
06-13-2016, 06:18 PM (This post was last modified: 06-13-2016 06:19 PM by amazonian.)
(06-13-2016 05:17 PM)Google-Search-Bot Wrote:  Yes, This can happen at any time, But if you searching from youtube editor search this happens rarely.
But if you search for CC in youtube and use CC videos that can be problem. Bcoz many videos already copyright claimed.

second thing fight for this strike explain things how you get CC video, ask them why not shut This editor if not perfect. But I believe you will get prewritten message from youtube..They hardly put load on their mind or fingers :)

Tnx for the reply. I used the youtube video editor to search for the CC video the reason for the "created by youtube editor" comment is in the description. That's what I'm appealing for to google, I used CC and the Youtube Editor, so why did I got a community guideline strike? That is the gray area.
06-14-2016, 11:34 PM
First, you are getting Community strike at the very 1st time, not copyright strike. Community strike has nothing to do with using CC or YouTube editor. It can be due to many reasons, normally they will tell you which section you are violating via email.
Code:
https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/2801973

Based on the info given, it seems you maybe violating
Code:
If the main purpose of your content is to drive people off of YouTube and onto another site, it will likely violate our spam policies.
since you mentioned that you "added annotation which points out to a marketing link in the description."

It can also be that your video is repetitive. As you mentioned, YouTube says it is "inappropriate content". It is so vague that unless you can get in touch with a YouTube rep or partner with MCN, you won't know exactly which part you are violating.

Second, CC license is "granted" by any users who uploaded that particular video, not YouTube nor Copyright owner themselves. So chances are the user uploaded it and "granted" CC before Copyright owner put the claim. That's why you saw the copyright claim the 2nd time.

Whether you write "created by youtube editor" or not has nothing to do with both community and copyright strikes/claim.
67.gif
06-15-2016, 11:25 AM (This post was last modified: 06-15-2016 11:40 AM by amazonian.)
Quote:Video and comment spam
It's not okay to post large amounts of untargeted, unwanted, or repetitive content in videos, comments, private messages, or other places on the site. If the main purpose of your content is to drive people off of YouTube and onto another site, it will likely violate our spam policies.

I see, didn't know about these policies. However, for the use of CC videos, if you are allowed to remix them they are going to be repetitive right? So what is the purpose of the CC license then?
What is the proper method of using CC?

If I used CC retain the content and just added an outro on the last seconds for a CPA offer, is that mean I violated their terms already? Oh man!

Update: The video that got the community strike, went live again. Which means I got off the hook.
06-15-2016, 01:01 PM (This post was last modified: 06-15-2016 01:03 PM by ELVIS ZEPPELIN.)
My rule of thumb is to never use the YT editor.
I do all my edits outside and live stream almost everything.
I'll even put an indiscernible filter on the video and change the audio
level sometimes. Still, nothing fools a manual review and you usually need to
have someone complain first to trigger that.
Eliminate the possibility of duplicate content at all costs
whether you use CC or not. I've reduced issues by over 90%
doing this. Keep creating new churn and burn channels so when you
lose one, it won't kill you. Always use clean, original licensed
content for authority channels if you can. If you're going to use CC
on an authority channel, then use it according to the exact terms of service.
Keep knocking them out! CC is a great resource:)
+ MAX REPS for taking action!
04-24-2017, 08:32 AM
Buddy, I used YouTube Editor too last year and getting Community strike. Then, copyright strike (2 months later). Next, they've shut down my account. Two YouTube channels been effected (which I spent 2-3 hours a day).

I wrote to YouTube, but as you know, it's auto reply with some standard message. Until now, no a valid reason given why it's shut down (what copyright issue?). I used 100% CC contents from YouTube Editor, so this was not my fault, right?

In my personal opinion, better switch to 100% "whitehat method", don't waste time in "greyhat" which not worth it.... Just my personal opinion....

Create your own video OR use promotion video that provided by vendors (then spin it/ add intro/outro/ etc).

Cheers!
05-09-2017, 09:58 PM
in my experience using someone else's content in any way is like playing Russian roulette on youtube, even if you think you are playing by all the rules. I no longer do it and only upload a video if it is 100% my own content, it's just not worth the hassle.
05-12-2017, 08:54 PM
One question, can you sell CC stuff?
43.gif

13.gif