37.gif

Search (advanced search)
Use this Search form before posting, asking or make a new thread.
Tips: Use Quotation mark to search words (eg. "How To Make Money Online")

02-02-2016, 04:34 AM
Yikes...Copy.com services will be discontinued on May 1, 2016.
Did anyone get this one>

We are announcing today that the Copy and CudaDrive services will be discontinued on May 1, 2016.
02-02-2016, 10:51 AM
COPY.COM going offline for good - any recommendations?
Hello All,

Received the following email today from Copy.com. Do you have any recommendations on how to move 1 terabyte of files quickly and efficiently to another server provider? Any and All help would be VERY MUCH APPRECIATED.

Warezthatdude

If this was posted in the wrong place to get maxium views to inform others who may have Copy.com accounts PLEASE tell me where this should be posted.

===============================================

We are writing today to inform you that all Copy and CudaDrive services will soon be discontinued. You need to take action immediately to ensure you retain the files stored in Copy/CudaDrive.

As of May 1, 2016, you will no longer have access to the data stored in your account. Please sign in to your account and migrate your data (see our How-To Guide here) or save a copy of your files on your local computer before May 1, 2016. After May 1, 2016, data will no longer be retained in the system. Failure to migrate your data prior to May 1, 2016 may result in data loss.

For Users on Monthly Subscription Plans
Billings/Renewals for your subscriptions have been stopped effective February 1, 2016, but you will continue to have full access to the service until May 1, 2016 at no additional cost.

For Users on Annual or Multi-Year Subscription Plans
Billings/Renewals for your subscriptions have been stopped effective February 1, 2016, but you will continue to have full access to the service until May 1, 2016 at no additional cost. Customers who have paid for an annual or multi-year subscription are eligible for a pro-rated refund for the remainder of their contract provided that a valid credit card is on file at the time the refund is issued. All refunds will be issued on February 1, 2016. We will re-attempt refunds on February 15, 2016 for any that did not successfully process. After that date, refunds are forfeited. It is the customer’s responsibility to ensure accurate credit card information within Copy/CudaDrive. It may take up to 45 days to complete refunds.

For Users who Purchased via a Distributor or Reseller
For customers who purchased their Copy or CudaDrive subscription from a Barracuda distributor, partner, or reseller, and are eligible for a refund per the terms outlined above, the refund will be issued to the distributor, partner, or reseller. For purchases made through a third-party, we are unable to refund directly to the end customer. Please contact your provider to claim your refund.

For more information on the shutdown, including best practices on how to migrate your data, please click here. You may also contact us directly with any questions or comments at CudaDrive_Corporate_Support@barracuda.com.

We appreciate your understanding in this matter and thank you for being a customer.

Sincerely,

The Copy and CudaDrive Team
02-02-2016, 11:32 AM
RE: Yikes...Copy.com services will be discontinued on May 1, 2016.
WTF!! i dont receive this email and i am a customer, but this is a very bad news :(
02-02-2016, 12:51 PM
Bad news. Very bad!. I am losing 2 terabytes of free storage I had with Copy.com. I have to move somewhere else more that 1 terabyte of files. And looking for a service that will store and also allow to open files and view on the site. Does Dropbox allow file viewing? I know Mega.nz doesn't. Anyone knows of alternatives. Please thos who know good services (without advertising and pop up windows, please) post them here.
02-02-2016, 03:08 PM
Yep, it's on their homepage copy.com. A VERY sad day indeed. FWIW, I use storagemadeeasy.com, as an aggregator and it has a very large list of services it integrates with. Makes it easy to move between services, but they don't include mega.nz in their service :(
74.gif
02-02-2016, 09:08 PM
You can use MultiCloud.com to manage and transfer files between cloud drives. Just share their website link to FB or others to get free upgrade from 2TB to 10TB traffic.
02-03-2016, 12:05 PM
The Multicloud link does not work and the site is not active. Is there ANY OTHER SERVICE for us to us to get the file transfers done from COPY.COM ?????

Warezthatdude
02-03-2016, 09:10 PM
yes, sad news that Copy.com is going.

For those looking to move files between different cloud hosting services, I was informed that this service will help:

Moving files between different cloud hosting services
02-04-2016, 02:24 AM
Well....this is terrible news. I wonder what is to become of all the GB's that use Copy to deliver updates/files to they GB Members. Hmm...
02-04-2016, 07:20 AM
I am in the middle of using Mover right now. I registered with them the first day Copy.com made their announcement and encountered some issues. I contacted their help desk and I got no less than three follow up emails...very encouraging indeed... I am on my 3rd attempt to get all 68.1GB transferred with almost 17GB successful so far. No doubt they are overwhelmed at the moment but the fact that they responded to me is a great sign *crossing fingers*

Best of Luck to all of you that are relocating from Copy~~
7.gif

32.gif