26.gif

Search (advanced search)
Use this Search form before posting, asking or make a new thread.
Tips: Use Quotation mark to search words (eg. "How To Make Money Online")

09-25-2012, 05:18 PM
What's The Best Way To Invest $4,000 Online?
This is my favorite blackhat forum, so I thought I would bring my question to you guys. I recently sold a few Adsense websites for about $4,000 and now it's time to invest in something else. Usually I've only invested small amounts of money in online projects but I think it's time to go big.

About Me

I'm 25 years old and graduated with a degree in Computer Science about 2 years ago. I was recruited by a software engineering company the first week out of college and worked there for about a year doing programming, then I decided to quit because software engineering just isn't my thing. Who wants to write code for 10 hours a day? Surprisingly, a lot of people...

After leaving that job I decided to start up some online businesses doing Web Design, Freelance Programming, and SEO, and then eventually went into making Adsense websites. When I wasn't doing web design for other people I was designing Adsense websites and doing SEO on all of them. I think I have about 50 sites now, and I collect enough money from Adsense to pay the rent and go out but with not too much extra spending money...

Lately, I've been getting sick of Adsense and SEO, so I sold a site that was making about $500/month for $4,000 and now I want to do something different!

Some of my strengths / weaknesses are:

Strengths
  1. Web Design (HTML / CSS / PHP) - 10+ years of experience
  2. Graphic Design (Photoshop) - 4 years of experience
  3. Programming (C++ / C# / Java) - Don't feel like doing this for a living... However, a friend of mine and I are working on a youtube bot at the moment that looks pretty promising.
  4. Clickbank - I've sold clickbank ready product websites on Flippa with fancy Opt-In squeeze pages that I designed in Photoshop but these sites don't go for too much money.
  5. PLR - I have hundreds of PLR products that I've accumulated over the past year, mainly from this forum!
Weaknesses
  1. Internet Marketing - I have Aweber but no people on my lists and suck at getting people to opt-in to my stuff...
  2. CPA - Don't know anything about CPA... Other than the fact that a lot of people are making a ton of money doing it.
That's pretty much all I can think of at the moment. I know it's important to invest your time and money in what you enjoy doing, which is why I would like to find something that I enjoy doing + makes a lot of money. SEO and Adsense were fun for about a year but I just want to try something different I guess and $4000 should be more than enough to get me started.

Thanks in advance for the comments / advice.
09-26-2012, 09:57 AM
RE:
You have skills and knowledge to create your own product. Example Adsense guide, WordPress plugin or theme, custom bots, script, etc.

Also for me money now is mobile marketing. Apps, games, services, etc. Think in this direction.
09-26-2012, 01:12 PM
RE:
Yes, I am thinking about doing that. Any good products / WSOs out there that you would recommend for selling products on Clickbank?
09-27-2012, 04:23 AM
RE:
Buy silver.
09-27-2012, 07:11 AM
RE:
Let see what have here and post links later.
13.gif
09-27-2012, 01:02 PM
RE:
Before I start launching my own products, I'm going to get started doing clickbank affiliate sites. The sites are 1 page opt-in squeeze pages with fancy graphics and headlines that direct people to clickbank products after opting in. Now, all that's left is list building... I'm planning on building my advertising campaign based primarily on paid traffic, (i.e. Solo Ads, PPC, and PPV.)

I'm still researching the various ad networks to find out which ones are best for specific niches. At the moment I'm thinking of starting with the following sites:
  • Plenty of Fish ads
  • Facebook Ads
  • Bing Ads
  • 7Search
  • Ad Hitz
After all my ads are up, I'll need to set up PPC tracking software, then create the autoresponder emails in Aweber for the various products i'm promoting. And... that should be about it, unless i'm missing something. It would be ironic for me to blow $4,000 on Ads after making $4,000 from an Adsense website...
Blush

So please offer any advice! Thanks.

09-27-2012, 01:27 PM
RE:
Good luck with it.
PPC can be a bit difficult to join up with, You have to have a phone interview to be accepted.
Neverblue and Peerfly are good and MaxBounty is too so I believe. I could not get accepted by MB cause I kept missing their phone call. Time difference I'm in Australia and they would ring at weird times.

Having said that I moved on to other things and gave PPC a miss.

Like the other post said buy gold or silver :)
09-27-2012, 03:05 PM
RE:
(09-27-2012 01:27 PM)knightal Wrote:  Good luck with it.
PPC can be a bit difficult to join up with, You have to have a phone interview to be accepted.
Neverblue and Peerfly are good and MaxBounty is too so I believe. I could not get accepted by MB cause I kept missing their phone call. Time difference I'm in Australia and they would ring at weird times.

Having said that I moved on to other things and gave PPC a miss.

Like the other post said buy gold or silver :)

I think your confusing PPC with CPA. Pay-per-click (PPC) ads are the type of ads that you see on Adsense websites or the banners that you see on websites. The tricky part is deciding a budget for each ad... If you want to make $100 / day profit, you’re
not going to get there spending $10 per day in traffic.

Basically, the more money you spend on your PPC campaign, the faster the results. If you spend $2,000 / month in traffic for 1 site, and make $3,000 from clickbank commissions, your profit is $1,000 / month. That would be an ROI of 50%, which is what many PPC experts consistently get. However, I'm not a PPC expert (yet) and will be happy if I break even on my first campaign!
09-27-2012, 05:05 PM
RE:
With your skill set i'd be thinking mobile as it without doubt the future. Instead of going for something obvious think whats available online or offline but not yet on mobile.

Some of the biggest issues are cyber bullying, theft of the device (check out Prey Project), and safety of our kids. Solve or help solve any of those issues and you are on a winner.

Just because you hate coding doesn't mean you can't manage a team of outsourcers I'd be thinking more that line than using PPC as you could easily have spent your $4k before you get a return unless you tread very carefully and learn quickly.
09-27-2012, 07:58 PM
RE:
Sure, mobile is definitely the future... In fact, last year more mobile devices were sold worldwide than PCs. In a few years the number of mobile devices will dwarf the number of PCs. So, it's definitely something I would like to get into. However, I'll need a lot more than 4K to develop and advertise a successful mobile security product.

Clickbank + PPC + List Building looks like what I'll try for now. I'm thinking of starting with 7Search and Bing ads this weekend and promoting several clickbank products through my opt-in websites. I'm following the strategies laid out in PPC Quake and PPC Coach which seem to be pretty good systems. And another good WSO I just watched was Follow Me PPC, where he takes a CPA offer and uses PPC tracking methods to lose money on Bing Ads...
78.gif

40.gif