10.gif

Search (advanced search)
Use this Search form before posting, asking or make a new thread.
Tips: Use Quotation mark to search words (eg. "How To Make Money Online")

09-05-2019, 10:59 AM
What is GMB local maps? I want to learn this but don't really understand it.
I keep hearing about GMB maps local seo and Chad Kimball and others.

What is this? I've been reading about it and I'm still confused to what this is. How do you make money doing this.

Is there a basic dumb down video I could possibly watch that breaks this down step by step? Like a simplified tutorial or something? Anyone know of a training made for someone who has no idea what this is?

Something you would show your grandmother if she wanted to learn how to do this right now lol.

I really want to learn this thing and I keep looking all over the internet for guides or breakdowns. I never need handholding. But if I ever did. It would be for this lol.
09-08-2019, 07:02 AM (This post was last modified: 09-10-2019 01:07 AM by imgamekc.)
RE: What is GMB local maps? I want to learn this but don't really understand it.
It is about using MAPS and ranking in the 3 pack for local terms.. So the business may not rank well in the organic listings but the GMB can rank in the map pack of the 3 listed. PM me and I can give you the advice and methods I use .. for my clients.

Also on a side note the last Sept google update really put a dent in some business local map pack rankings... and if you look now it comes up with "other places" adding more paying businesses to the list.. as well
10-17-2019, 11:37 PM
RE: What is GMB local maps? I want to learn this but don't really understand it.
I was about to ask the same question. Thanks, imgamekc for answering the question.
10-20-2019, 04:32 PM
So it’s different to rank on google maps?
12-14-2019, 09:14 AM
The gmb is the 3 pack of listing you get when you search for a local business. This is so local businesses can compete against giant corporations. Ranking in the GMB pack is different than ranking in just the organic section.
18.gif
12-15-2019, 09:15 AM
The main problem for GMB's right now (at least according to Bradley Benner and some other pros, Mike Blumenthal comes to mind) is that black hatters are spamming the sh*t out of the maps, so Google is having a hard time keeping them at bay. Consequently, they are slapping legitimate GMB users for just making simple edits to their listings. This is going to continue to be a problem as long as BH's spam these listings. I noticed the other day they are now selling and spamming the sh*t out of what they are calling GMB Pin Posts, basically targeting neighborhoods surrounding your biz's local location.

I'm actually going to reach out to Google and find out what the scoop is because I'm getting ready to start posting like crazy back to my own GMB, which somehow escaped the mod's for my 'coverage area' for a local biz. I show 500 miles as a service area. Kind of spam itself!
"Other than that Mrs. Lincoln, how'd you enjoy the play?"

69.gif