53.gif

Search (advanced search)
Use this Search form before posting, asking or make a new thread.
Tips: Use Quotation mark to search words (eg. "How To Make Money Online")

02-25-2015, 03:05 AM (This post was last modified: 02-25-2015 03:09 AM by Hyaena84.)
What i really hate about BACKUPBUDDY!
I m constantly struggling with this script. What i hate most about it is, scheduled backup THAT DONT RUN!

I have weekly backups that send the files to S3 and im constantly struggling with getting them to run when they should.

Here is the thing, this script has a STUPID rule that if nobody visits your site the backup doesn't run. Kidding!

I have a bunch of sites on my PBN that dont get visited by REAL USERS. Even thought i have scheduled FULL BACKUPS to run weekly, weeks can go by before it actually does run.
Obviously i dont have real users visiting these sites, its purpose is just to just provide backlinks, by hey, what a DUMB ASS rule that they dont run because nobody visits.

This is my biggest complaint.

Other thing is, the backups are unreliable. Iv had full backups iv had to restore in the past using their scripts and when it came to restoring them i got and ENCRYPTED table error. In the end i was unable to do the restore. Not sure what that was about but how can one rely on something like this if it cant restore a database correctly? There is always that chance that your restore will fail then your up shits creek.

And other things likes;

Heavy on system resources when running
Bloated with tons of bugs.
03-08-2015, 05:56 PM
RE:
I've had similar issues with it and don't use it. Unreliable in all my past experiences with it. I use WPTwin.php script (the old one) until we can find a more recent version that works. It does it all, but the older one times out a bit and you have to wait some time, then refresh or look in your actual host files to find it and download to your computer. It restores flawlessly and is almost a one click method for backup and restore. Give that a try instead.
For those who believe, no explanation is necessary; for those who do not, no explanation is possible.

33.gif