24.gif

Search (advanced search)
Use this Search form before posting, asking or make a new thread.
Tips: Use Quotation mark to search words (eg. "How To Make Money Online")

07-11-2018, 03:11 PM
Upwork a scam?
Stay away from upwork.
First they ran my gig. Then 15 hours later decided that it violated their terms of service which it does NOT.

Then they listed on their website that they would verify my card. They did not say if there were charges for doing that. Freelancer up front says 2 dollars US. UPWork does not. I checked my balances, all charges and it says I was not charged. BUT Paypal told me that I was charged for 4.96. Im waiting for the morning to dispute the charges.

Im also going into all areas of paypal to remove recurring fees.
There is no way to contact upwork by chat or text. I got fortunate that when they told me the gig was hnow hidden, that I piggybacked my complaint and the same "rep"" sent me to a "hidden" page on how to open a support ticket.

STAY AWAY FROM UPWORK. BIGGEST SCAM THERE IS RIGHT NOW.
05-15-2019, 03:15 PM
RE: Upwork a scam?
More bad news about Upwork:

From the video's author:
Quote:Are You A Freelancer? (BAD NEWS)

Dear Friend,
I just posted a video on YouTube where I discuss THE DEATH OF FREELANCING!
You may or may not have noticed, but freelancing is NO LONGER what it used to be.
There’s never been a time when I’ve seen so many people complain about numerous things that pertain to Freelancing.
And today, Upwork actually MADE HISTORY! For the first time ever, Upwork now charges ALL freelancers to apply to projects.
This new change in Upwork’s policies has received an outrageous response on the part of freelancers.
Check out my video where I talk about this issue and MORE as well as THE SOLUTION to it.

Meh.
I totally despise board spammers and spambots !!!
05-18-2019, 11:15 PM
Upwork is so much better now though, what is alternative you think?
05-19-2019, 09:24 AM
It's a place full of people from sh.itty 3rd world countries willing to work for peanuts. A race to the bottom.
05-20-2019, 01:38 AM
(05-19-2019 09:24 AM)quijibo Wrote:  It's a place full of people from sh.itty 3rd world countries willing to work for peanuts. A race to the bottom.

If your budget small, you will only attract S***** freelancers. Try bigger budget, I have known some freelancers that already booked by companies through upwork, so they aren’t available anymore for hiring but still earning steady income from employer they happy work with
42.gif
06-01-2019, 05:44 AM
How did you get scammed? By upwork or its freelancer:?
06-13-2019, 04:05 PM
Upwork is a scam indeed, I just lost $700 to my freelancer. He did not deliver anything yet he wins the dispute

37.gif