19.gif

Search (advanced search)
Use this Search form before posting, asking or make a new thread.
Tips: Use Quotation mark to search words (eg. "How To Make Money Online")

07-21-2018, 05:26 AM
Udemy is at it again...
I'm offline for a week and Udemy makes lotsa changes...

When you click on a course you've already enrolled in, instead of the link with "/learn/v4/", you now see the course enrollment page with your date of enrollment shown. This is, to me a welcome move. Before, one would have to logout to access student reviews for courses already in their kitty.

Clicking on "Go to course" takes you to the familiar "/learn/v4/" page.

Pricing also seems to be undergoing some upheavals...

From,
https://teach.udemy.com/evolution-of-pricing/

They seem to be trying dynamic course specific prices to maximize sales rather than a site-wide 9.99 (therefore, a popular course may be discounted to say, 20 or 25 even if the site is have a 9.99 sale!)

Also from,
https://support.udemy.com/hc/en-us/artic...er-1-2017-

No minimum price (aka 9.99) is specified for the following - Australia, Brazil, Mexico, India, Turkey and South Africa!

Just hope they don't take away free courses or make a bunch of accounts vanish (again)!!!

Cheers,
FFFF
07-27-2018, 03:44 PM
RE: Udemy is at it again...
Hmm interesting information.

So they have a history of making accounts vanish!? Do you know for what reasons?
08-03-2018, 09:57 PM
(07-27-2018 03:44 PM)Caleberg Wrote:  Hmm interesting information.

So they have a history of making accounts vanish!? Do you know for what reasons?

Well, some time ago when a rash of such incidents occurred, they claimed they were doing cleanup, but this may be due to ripping and sharing of content online. Many of the accounts which disappeared were reinstated with a $20 store credit which could be used for future purchases - explanation given was that they inadvertently removed good accounts.

Purchasing low priced (9.99) courses once in a while should keep 'em off your back (if the account removals were due to non-purchase of paid courses).

Cheers,
FFFF
05-05-2019, 12:42 PM
(08-03-2018 09:57 PM)feefiefohfum Wrote:  
(07-27-2018 03:44 PM)Caleberg Wrote:  Hmm interesting information.

Well, some time ago when a rash of such incidents occurred, they claimed they were doing cleanup, but this may be due to ripping and sharing of content online. Many of the accounts which disappeared were reinstated with a $20 store credit which could be used for future purchases - explanation given was that they inadvertently removed good accounts.

Purchasing low priced (9.99) courses once in a while should keep 'em off your back (if the account removals were due to non-purchase of paid courses).

Cheers,
FFFF

Did you mean like account that hoard courses with free coupons?
05-30-2019, 12:58 AM
(05-05-2019 12:42 PM)jdwhite0 Wrote:  Did you mean like account that hoard courses with free coupons?

This was what some who had their accounts removed complained of. Others who had purchased courses once in a while were able to get them reinstated after providing them purchase information.

Cheers,
FFFF
79.gif
Confused about Levels and Ranks? Click => here <= to know more
06-13-2019, 12:27 AM
I got this note on my account:

"Starting June 13th, free coupons older than 30 days will automatically expire to reduce coupon abuse."

I dont know how bad this will change things but annoying nonetheless.
06-13-2019, 09:35 PM
That is to be expected - if there are active free coupons for a course floating around for years, users would naturally go for the free route. Keeping 30-day window - forces the instructors to be active and keep issuing free coupons on a monthly basis and forces more students to pay for "hopefully" good courses. Now if there were only a mechanism to ensure only good quality courses are available on the platform ...

Cheers,
FFFF
06-14-2019, 12:53 PM
Greetings FFFF !!!
I hope all is well with you...?

About Udemy - looks like their 'thinkers' just need to spew out some kind of new irritant aimed at anyone EXCEPT for themselves now and then to remain employed.

They certainly could use their energies on QC - but where is the profit in THAT ?!?

Best Wishes to You !!

smith
I totally despise board spammers and spambots !!!
06-16-2019, 05:10 AM
udemy is rubbish alvays courses are low quailty.....
08-09-2019, 04:16 AM
sad news...
77.gif

44.gif