43.gif

Search (advanced search)
Use this Search form before posting, asking or make a new thread.
Tips: Use Quotation mark to search words (eg. "How To Make Money Online")

12-14-2012, 06:29 PM (This post was last modified: 12-14-2012 06:30 PM by aKinaKus.)
[TUT] Does Your Website or Landing Page Pass The 5 Second Test?
Hey guys,

I want to share with you a great method that i am using to test my website or sales pages!

We already know that modern people get easily bored and will browse away from your website in less than 7 seconds!

So you must make sure that the MESSAGE YOU"RE TRYING TO DELIVER is clearly seen on your website or LP in the FIRST 5 SECONDS after the visitor landed on your page! You can't do it, as you already know what you're trying to say!

This is where 5 Second Test comes in:
Quote: http://fivesecondtest.com
This website allows you to make a screenshot of your website or LP and test it against 3 important metrics: 5 Second Test - Navigation Flow - Click Test!

Real people will look at your page and answer questions, click or navigate through your website. And then you get a full report on this.

You will know:
  • What are the KEYWORDS that people notice,
  • Where do they click mostly,
  • Does your CTA stand out enough
  • Does the design complement the Sales Message!
The website has FREE and PAID membership. To use the free option you have to test other people's website and get some points that you can spend on your website.

MY Case Study - I wrote an eBook (computer related) and made a sales page for it. Then i tested this sales page on 5 Second test! I was amazed of the results!

In first 5 seconds of being on my LP...none of the users understood what i was selling!! Another test showed that they had trouble finding the BUY button! Another test helped me redesign the LP entirely!

Very powerful stuff!!

PS. This also could be useful when you buy traffic from @dFly . . . (think about it)!!!

PPS.

If this sounds like a sales page - it is not! That's how i roll! Biggrin
Cool Any and ALL Reviews that i see, get an instant +5 in REP. If i missed it, PM me with review post link and i will double it.. you'll get +10 REP!
12-14-2012, 06:35 PM
RE:
so where is the tutorial?
12-14-2012, 06:46 PM (This post was last modified: 12-14-2012 06:52 PM by aKinaKus.)
RE:
(12-14-2012 06:35 PM)meathsauce Wrote:  so where is the tutorial?
###

A tutorial - when someone shares knowledge of a subject with others! Does not have to be in a step-by-step format!
Acceptable nomination of TUTORIALs can be simple Suggestions, Hints, Insights or Words of Wisdom! (last one - Welcome )

Once you get to the website, you can pretty much figure out on your own what to do there!

I believe this is very useful for anyone that has a website or LP or plans to create one!

#####################

Wikipedia Take on TUTs

Quote:A tutorial is a method of transferring knowledge and may be used as a part of a learning process. More interactive and specific than a book or a lecture; a tutorial seeks to teach by example and supply the information to complete a certain task.
Depending on the context a tutorial can take one of many forms, ranging from a set of instructions to complete a task to an interactive problem solving session (usually in academia).
Seems to Me that i met all the criteria!
Cool Any and ALL Reviews that i see, get an instant +5 in REP. If i missed it, PM me with review post link and i will double it.. you'll get +10 REP!
12-14-2012, 08:36 PM
RE:
For member who just want to test the page load speed
this is a good tool
try it ,so much info, but usually i just check the speed, i will not read all other info
regards
01-04-2013, 06:55 AM
RE:
Thanks - this sounds very useful - I wanted to bookmark this page to come back to.
8.gif
12-15-2013, 09:24 AM
RE:
Akinakus , greate share, this is really usefull trying to test our landing pages. People who is creating, using, designing landing pages can undestan how valuable is this method.
Two thumbs up.
01-01-2014, 04:54 PM
RE:
(12-14-2012 06:35 PM)meathsauce Wrote:  so where is the tutorial?

this page is an example of a landing page that does not meet the expectations of the ad copy
04-23-2014, 04:36 PM
RE:
While it's true that the 'headline promise' and/or the section this was posted in, might not be 100 perfect, but the great intention of the OP is clearly evident.

This post is not a tutorial, but i still believe the posts deserves props! The value is immediately present.

57.gif