31.gif

Search (advanced search)
Use this Search form before posting, asking or make a new thread.
Tips: Use Quotation mark to search words (eg. "How To Make Money Online")

07-30-2019, 02:52 AM
So... after years here I must say this NOW ! Use a Mac not a Win-PC!
Hello dear,

I used Windows PC since 1989 ! most of you where not born at this time :)

This worked fine at this time with "Microsoft" MS DOS Disquettes. 3,5 Zoll... and before there were also bigger ones! :)

So time after time and much learning... I came now to Windows 7 and 10 on my other PC.

BUT REALLY:
I also did not believed it and had not this money for Mac - but it is soo true!!

Since I use my Mac... I will NEVER NEVER touch my Windows-PC !

Iam on Google ... Google lately ask me: "You were 300 days not on your Windows PC".... :)

There is absolutely NO Virus! No Registry or such thing! NOTHING like that. NO MORE PROBLEMS !!!
Only found in exe.files, which I downloadet for my PC.
You dont need a Antivir Software! Never!

And the BEST software is only for Mac. (I can tell you sources).

Think of it! It cost much more... I know! But the Quality you get.. is so absolutely worth i!

I can absolutely recommend it since some Years!

Dont waist your precious Lifetime on Windows, like I did!

I can not go back!

I had to tell it... :I

✨ OPEN A NEW ETSY SHOP WITH THIS FREE 40 LISTINGS
FOR 4 MONTH! https://etsy.me/3MVv7ZI
07-30-2019, 02:21 PM (This post was last modified: 12-01-2021 02:21 PM by Lumos.)
RE: So... after years here I must say this NOW ! Use a Mac not a Win-PC!
Berlinerin - all respect for you and I can see where you are coming from, and even why it may be so.

-BUT-

There is other info which applies to such a BIG choice that so many folks simply are unaware of - and I say this as a veteran IT tech who used to provide recycled genuine Macs to poor families, for their kids, for free - so I worked on them IRL and know this info quite well.

1st:
A defining property of a genuine Mac was its genuine Motorola CPU - which the entire system was built around;
2nd:
The Mac's OS was totally closed and in complete competition with mikr0$leeze - they refused to allow that gang any access at all to their coding...period.

And then the mikr0$leeze gang drove Apple to the skids - then 'saved' it:

Quote: In August of 1997, Gates stepped in and saved Apple, which, at the time, was on the brink of bankruptcy. "Bill, thank you. The world's a better place," Jobs told Gates after the Microsoft exec agreed to make a $150 million investment in Apple.

Very few people either knew of this - or remember it.

Even fewer folks know of the patent infringement suit that Apple lost to that gang in 1994:
Code:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apple_Computer,_Inc._v._Microsoft_Corp.

Another little-known thing is how this 'investment' caused Apple to allow the mikr0$leeze gang FULL ACCESS to all that had been closed before, with several notable results:

1 - All so-called 'Apple' computers now run on Intel CPU chipsets;
2 - All of them are now simply re-badged (and overpriced) PCs;
3 - The Mac OS has been mikr0$leeze-ized;
4 - The newer windows versions all contain LOTS of Apple's code;
5 - The only reasons for the continued existence of the Apple co. are these=>
A - To keep up a false image of mikr0$leeze having an actual competitor;
B - The i-things are very profitable.

For anyone wanting to use the Mac OS, the most affordable way to do so is via what is called a Hackintosh, which is just normal PC hardware with the Mac OS installed.

Lastly, another little known bit of tech trivia:
Both windows and the Mac OS are descended of the Unix OS in different ways - but the biggest descendant of Unix in use today is Linux due to its uses for most internet servers and the zillions of Android devices around the world (Yes dear friends - Android -IS- Linux).

For anyone interested, here are some related URLs:
Code:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PEHNrqPkefI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxOp5mBY9IY
https://www.pcworld.com/article/238905/top_three_steve_jobs_speeches.html
https://www.cnbc.com/2017/08/29/steve-jobs-and-bill-gates-what-happened-when-microsoft-saved-apple.html
I totally despise board spammers and spambots !!!
07-31-2019, 09:33 AM
Thanks, but... for Video-editing and Graphics it is perfect for me.

✨ OPEN A NEW ETSY SHOP WITH THIS FREE 40 LISTINGS
FOR 4 MONTH! https://etsy.me/3MVv7ZI
08-02-2019, 09:36 AM
(07-30-2019 02:21 PM)smithnowt Wrote:  ...
Both windows and the Mac OS are descended of the Unix OS in different ways - but the biggest descendant of Unix in use today is Linux due to its uses for most internet servers and the zillions of Android devices around the world (Yes dear friends - Android -IS- Linux).

Imho, LINUX indeed is the best solution one can find nowadays. Totally OPEN SOURCE.

Linux does not only drive most of the planet's servers and the Android OS, it also drives A LOT OF PCs and, moreover, this has dramatically increased since the advent of the sh..ty spydoze 10 forced on the majority of PCs of this world by microsh.. virus.

Look at Ubuntu and all derived versions, it's amazing! It's changed, it's now very easy to download and install and use on about any kind of PC. AND IT'S TOTALLY FREE and ALL THE SOFTWARE AS WELL and it has all the advantage described above of the MacOS but it's free and much more powerful. Have an old whinedoze pc dusting in a corner somewhere at home, try to install Ubuntu Linux on it and you'll REdiscover a blazing fast PC working like new! It's true, it's that amazing!

All for FREE, and moreover it is incredibly easy ti run one's own server from home as well, and from the same PC without a fart... :D

I quit using that crap OS many years ago to adopt Linux to never come back, and I can still use all the software I need (they're more and more online as you may have noticed, btw) for web development etc. You can find all equivalent software you use in windoze, for Linux and moreover it's all free there even is an embedded software repository just launch it search for video editor for example, and bam you have a list of choice. Just pick and install live in real time, free of charge, and start using. Viruses? What viruses?

If you are just a bit tempted to make such move, I strongly encourage you to do so, it's quite much easier to do than one imagine.

Have fun..
SuperMIC
08-02-2019, 10:08 AM
(07-30-2019 02:21 PM)smithnowt Wrote:  ...

Imho, LINUX indeed is the best solution one can find nowadays. Totally OPEN SOURCE.

Linux does not only drive most of the planet's servers and the Android OS, it also drives A LOT OF PCs and, moreover, this has dramatically increased since the advent of the sh..ty spydoze 10 forced on the majority of PCs of this world by microsh.. virus.

Look at Ubuntu and all derived versions, it's amazing! It's changed, it's now very easy to download and install and use on about any kind of PC. AND IT'S TOTALLY FREE and ALL THE SOFTWARE AS WELL and it has all the advantage described above of the MacOS but it's free and much more powerful. Have an old whinedoze pc dusting in a corner somewhere at home, try to install Ubuntu Linux on it and you'll REdiscover a blazing fast PC working like new! It's true, it's that amazing!

All for FREE, and moreover it is incredibly easy ti run one's own server from home as well, and from the same PC without a fart... :D

I quit using that crap OS many years ago to adopt Linux to never come back, and I can still use all the software I need (they're more and more online as you may have noticed, btw) for web development etc. You can find all equivalent software you use in windoze, for Linux and moreover it's all free there even is an embedded software repository just launch it search for video editor for example, and bam you have a list of choice. Just pick and install live in real time, free of charge, and start using. Viruses? What viruses?

If you are just a bit tempted to make such move, I strongly encourage you to do so, it's quite much easier to do than one imagine.

Have fun..
SuperMIC
16.gif
03-25-2020, 06:05 AM
I was inspired by this thread and took the plunge.

I had an old HP laptop with windows vista on it. I downloaded Rufus and Ubuntu on iso and put them on a USB.

I cant get the d*** laptop to recognise the USB when I try to boot from it.

Any ideas guys?

Cheers
04-02-2020, 12:50 AM
I have switched from Mac to Windows 3 years back and m quite happy with Windows, same goes for my phone, dumped Iphone for a One Plus 7 android and its been a smooth transition.

Depending upon your usage, u may love Mac. For old people like me Windows is more suited.
04-06-2020, 10:20 AM
Thank you, video editing its great!
04-06-2020, 05:33 PM
Forgot to respond here on that late night, sorry:
(03-25-2020 06:05 AM)senuke Wrote:  I was inspired by this thread and took the plunge.

I had an old HP laptop with windows vista on it. I downloaded Rufus and Ubuntu on iso and put them on a USB.

I cant get the d*** laptop to recognise the USB when I try to boot from it.

Any ideas guys?
Cheers

PMing you in a minute...
I totally despise board spammers and spambots !!!
04-07-2020, 02:31 AM
(04-06-2020 10:20 AM)successweb Wrote:  Thank you, video editing its great!

May I know which drug are u using?
39.gif

18.gif