54.gif

Search (advanced search)
Use this Search form before posting, asking or make a new thread.
Tips: Use Quotation mark to search words (eg. "How To Make Money Online")

12-20-2015, 01:00 PM
SiteLock scam
Started receiving "You have malware on your sites' emails today.

Usual scaremongering BS.

After requesting more information about the supposed hack and finding nothing with Wordfence and a malware scanner on site 1, I got a 'Site 2' is infected email. Trouble for them is, the folder is empty.

My reply :

I have never signed up for Sitelock yet you have ILLEGALLY allowed them to access my sites.

I have received two emails from them today alleging I have malware on my sites. I have scanned using WordFence and a Malware scanner and the site Site1.info is clean.

I asked Sitelock for evidence - none received.

The second site site2.com is an empty folder. The site was moved elsewhere 2 months ago (To my own vps)

I asked again for evidence and received a generic scam letter trying to frighten me into paying. I was issued a ticket number to receive the answer - One of your tickets. Of course it is inaccessible unless I sign up for your services.

So, let me get this straight:

. I have not subscribed to SiteLock
. You have scanned my sites without my permission - Illegally
. You claim I have malware when 2 of the most respected security plugins say I am free from malware
. Your 'sample malware' included in your last email is a blank line (later replaced with a .js code snippet (from the empty folder!))
. You can't point to any infected files despite my requests
. The latest site (Site2.com) you claim 'Has malware' is an empty folder.

So, kindly explain yourself, or is this just a scam to frighten me into buying your alleged services?

This scam is being done by EIG (Hostgator, Bluehost, iPage etc.)

http://www.jlellis.net/blog/my-experience-with-sitelock has more details (Not my site)
12-20-2015, 03:09 PM
RE: SiteLock scam
This past Thanksgiving, I received a call from a nice chap at Windows saying my computer has issues. He had heavy East Indian accent. I knew it was a scam but enjoyed wasting his five minutes of time. They proceed to call me twice the following week. The last guy asked me what I saw on my computer screen. I said I saw one of his relatives in the ass of an animal. I dont know why he hung up on me?
01-21-2016, 12:11 PM
Your website scanned by SiteLock was hosted by whom ?. if you are using hosting with features then SiteLock, then SiteLock will immediately scan the web. Do not SiteLock compare with wordfence buddy, wordfence just plugins that have limited access. I just have same with you on my business package on HostGator. I think that good, just install it with a promotion price or you can got it as free also.
01-22-2016, 06:31 PM
You're being HOAXED by hackers that pretend to be from SiteLock!

How can you NOT see this...d@mn...just see the details of the original sender of the emails.

Would be nice that people check their facts before accusing!!!
Cool Any and ALL Reviews that i see, get an instant +5 in REP. If i missed it, PM me with review post link and i will double it.. you'll get +10 REP!

57.gif