44.gif

Search (advanced search)
Use this Search form before posting, asking or make a new thread.
Tips: Use Quotation mark to search words (eg. "How To Make Money Online")

Closed

03-13-2014, 02:51 AM (This post was last modified: 10-07-2018 04:53 AM by NonConformer.)
Shares and Mirrors - HOW TO HIDE YOUR LINKS
IMPORTANT UPDATE - The editor has changed and there is no longer a padlock icon available. However, the forum "hide" and "code" tags still function the same way and still work as posted. You just have to add them manually now. Look at the screenshot below for an example of the correctly formatted codes to use to protect your links.

There is nothing complicated here, simply use these tags exactly as shown and place your links in between the tags. Example:

[Image: hide-code.png]

That's it, nothing else. Do that, and you get this:

Magic Button :
Code:
http://YOURLINK.com/

=====

Cool
03-13-2014, 03:50 AM
RE:
thanks for this tutorial.
03-13-2014, 05:15 AM (This post was last modified: 03-13-2014 05:24 AM by fjohnson59.)
RE:
((NonConformer))

Sharing this info is greatly appreciated because I would like to share some things here but don't have all the technical know-how in order to do it properly.

I wanted to make a mirror of a share yesterday but don't know how to compile all the individual files I downloaded into a pack to upload them to a mirror sharing site like Mirror Creator. I guess I could zip them all up. But yesterday, I did not download all the pdfs and videos this share offered, only what I was interested in because there were a ton of stuff ... many, many MBs.

When you create mirrors to share, it's important that you capture everything in the product.

Thanks, again!

I HATE it when I get this message:

"You have already given as many reputation ratings as you are allowed to for today."

I got this last night but thought I was working on a new day!?!?!? Well, ((NonConformer)), I owe you one more REP!
03-13-2014, 05:37 AM
RE:
(03-13-2014 05:15 AM)fjohnson59 Wrote:  ((NonConformer))

Sharing this info is greatly appreciated because I would like to share some things here but don't have all the technical know-how in order to do it properly.

I wanted to make a mirror of a share yesterday but don't know how to compile all the individual files I downloaded into a pack to upload them to a mirror sharing site like Mirror Creator. I guess I could zip them all up. But yesterday, I did not download all the pdfs and videos this share offered, only what I was interested in because there were a ton of stuff ... many, many MBs.

When you create mirrors to share, it's important that you capture everything in the product.

Thanks, again!

I HATE it when I get this message:

"You have already given as many reputation ratings as you are allowed to for today."

I got this last night but thought I was working on a new day!?!?!? Well, ((NonConformer)), I owe you one more REP!
I would use rar over zip, but that's just me. You can get WinRAR all over the place. Grab the trial here, which is really just nagware:
Code:
http://www.rarlab.com/

If you have a large package of files that you archived you can always split it into multiple files to make it easier to share. Google it, there's plenty of tutorials on archiving files and splitting them.

It's simple though, just add the file size you want each archive piece to be in MBs. Example in WinRAR:

[Image: Snap1.jpg]
03-13-2014, 05:49 AM
RE:
ahh, that's a super easy method through the editor! Is it a necessity adding the code tag, or is that just personal preference?
21.gif
03-13-2014, 06:44 AM
RE:
I am out of reps but really appreciate this post. I have looked and asked that question a few times. Thanks.
03-13-2014, 06:59 AM
RE:
(03-13-2014 05:49 AM)savaloi Wrote:  ahh, that's a super easy method through the editor! Is it a necessity adding the code tag, or is that just personal preference?
There's a bug in the forum code. If you just use the hide tag it attaches the tags to your link and breaks the link. You can either use the code tag to solve the problem or add a space after your url.
03-13-2014, 01:59 PM
RE:
((NonConformer)),

Really appreciate you sharing your knowledge and helping us grasp the fundamentals that make this forum tick.
03-14-2014, 02:11 AM
RE: Shares and Mirrors - HOW TO HIDE YOUR LINKS
(03-13-2014 02:51 AM)NonConformer Wrote:  When linking to shares or creating mirrors you should hide your links.

Here's how to do it.

1. Click the padlock icon and then immediately click the code icon.
  2. Paste your link between the code tags.
That formatting will give you this result:

Magic Button :
Code:
http://YOURLINK/

Cool
Your diagram is correct, but your written instructions are not. So newbies won't be confused, your written info should
read "click code icon, then click padlock icon."
Newbies: Don't know how to find stuff to share on the forum?
GO HERE:
http://bestblackhatforum.com/Thread-BBHF...free-stuff
03-14-2014, 03:23 AM
RE: Shares and Mirrors - HOW TO HIDE YOUR LINKS
(03-14-2014 02:11 AM)StillStanding Wrote:  
(03-13-2014 02:51 AM)NonConformer Wrote:  When linking to shares or creating mirrors you should hide your links.

Here's how to do it.

1. Click the padlock icon and then immediately click the code icon.
  2. Paste your link between the code tags.
That formatting will give you this result:

Magic Button :
Code:
http://YOURLINK/

Cool
Your diagram is correct, but your written instructions are not. So newbies won't be confused, your written info should
read "click code icon, then click padlock icon."
Actually, what you just said will reverse the code. If you follow the instructions example and hit the padlock then the code tag you will get a properly formatted hide link. Open your editor and try it.
58.gif
Closed

55.gif