47.gif

Search (advanced search)
Use this Search form before posting, asking or make a new thread.
Tips: Use Quotation mark to search words (eg. "How To Make Money Online")

02-27-2013, 07:29 PM
RE:
read some books kiddo.. depends on you keywords, but the domain age is the most relevant thing for seo.

I know site that build millions of links ahrefs shows 860k links and they are still at #2 while my 10y old site with 2k links is at #1.
02-28-2013, 02:10 AM
RE:
I don't think that is entirely true, SEO cannot die as long as search engines exist people will continue to find ways to exploit them. Look at SEO Clerks, biz is booming. Nobody has stopped with SEO.
03-01-2013, 06:22 AM
RE:
Well first of all, yelling at people trying to give you advice is not going to win you any friends.

Second of all, maybe you are over optimizing your site?

First check Webmaster tools for any crawl errors or html errors duplicate metas/descripts etc.
Check your analytics to see where and how traffic (if any) is reaching your site, and if using Google Analytics, use the Inpage feature to check things over.
Check your anchor text distribution for offsite, make sure that no phrase or keyword makes up more than 40% of your offsite text.
You really only want 1 exact match keyword for every paragraph, so for a 400 word page, I'd say 2.

Anyways, I'm bored now...

Yes...SEO is Dead... I agree...that is to say, old style SEO is dead. So as you know it, SEO circa 2001-2011, the party is over.

The "new" SEO is what separates the boys from the men. For SEO to work now, it is a combination of a variety of outside elements, which can really be wrapped up into a Digital Marketing Strategy, or in other words, Full Functional SEM. It's like a symphony, you need all the parts tuned up and working in tandem to have a successful concert.

You cannot get by on "just" SEO anymore. SEO has evolved to encompass Local + Social + Mobile, all of which interrelate and affect one another.

So, in the end, my advice is - "Don't Complain About the Problem, Try to Solve The d*** Thing Yourself and Share"

You'll garner much more respect within both black + white hat communities trying to solve a problem than you will whining and telling people how dumb they are over the net like a 12 year old playing Call of Duty.
03-01-2013, 09:04 AM
RE:
I agree with R4g3, Over optimizing will get you penalized big time now, especially if you have an EMD site. I'm just starting to do seo again " post penguin " and I found a good resource for info at source wave dot com. If you haven't heard of it you should check it out. I ranked a brand new EMD site #11 for a medium competitive local kw in 4 days with no content and no back links, just minimum on page seo and a youtube video. I'm doing some backlinking now and when I get on page 1 I'll start adding content. Head over to source wave and check out their blog, they show you the exact seo strategies that they are using to get results in their own business TODAY not LAST YEAR! Anyway, hope that helps you get on the right track. :)
03-02-2013, 03:25 AM
RE:
you used high quality links on your site.
37.gif
05-04-2014, 09:39 PM (This post was last modified: 05-04-2014 09:40 PM by ExtremeSanity.)
RE:
You are assuming without further investigation about it.

There are many reasons why your rank goes down or fluctuates.

1. Competitor's rank goes up.
2. Data Refresh
3. Your Website Sucks
4. Your competitor's efforts are more than yours.
5. You have quality backlinks less than what your competitors have.
6. Your source of backlinks are repeating. (too much linking from one domain)

Did I mention there's more?

And for the record, SEO is alive until search engines die. How the hell did they get better results if SEOs are not there.
05-06-2014, 04:53 AM
RE:
Crazy, it's almost like there are dozens of other factors to ranking other than just having 'more' links than your competition.

String Theory must be dead too because I don't quite understand it myself.
05-06-2014, 05:59 AM
RE:
Your articles should have 800-1000 words...if you have backlinks from low quality sites it will destroy your ranking...
UBER PROMO CODE COP41 - get your first ride for free
05-06-2014, 06:40 AM
RE:
Heres a tip bro: Backlinks =/= SEO
05-06-2014, 10:15 AM
RE:
Elvis is dead.
47.gif

58.gif