51.gif

Search (advanced search)
Use this Search form before posting, asking or make a new thread.
Tips: Use Quotation mark to search words (eg. "How To Make Money Online")

02-15-2016, 08:01 AM (This post was last modified: 02-15-2016 08:01 AM by ShareMyFruits.)
Resuming Youtube Video at last viewed position?
Does anyone knows a way to remember where someone left off an embedded YouTube video?

The video should starting from the point it was stopped last time. Is it possible?
02-18-2016, 12:34 AM (This post was last modified: 02-18-2016 12:35 AM by ѕ¢σяρισ.)
RE: Resuming Youtube Video at last viewed position?
(02-15-2016 08:01 AM)ziiiz Wrote:  Does anyone knows a way to remember where someone left off an embedded YouTube video?

The video should starting from the point it was stopped last time. Is it possible?

YouTube seems to have its own resume feature, but it only is available under certain conditions. You need to be signed in, the video you are playing needs to be at least 20 minutes, and you need to have watched at least one minute of it.

Maybe you are watching a lecture or presentation on YouTube and want to resume it at the position you stopped watching the other day. Or you like to watch gaming videos and want to make sure you don't miss any of the action.

Finding the position manually takes time and chance is that you will have to adjust the position slider several times before you can start watching the video again.

It is possible to automate the process but only if you use third-party software, extensions or bookmarklets, to do so.

YouTube supports adding time information to video urls. All you have to do is add &t=2m00s to the video url and replace the m (minutes) and s (seconds) values. Here is a example of how this looks like:

Code:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxxxxxx&t=2m00s
⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ [MVP Access] on MoneyVIPProgram.com ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐
02-18-2016, 09:52 PM
Hi

big thanks for the explanation!

Do you know any 3rd party tool which can do that automatically?
I think it must be controlled by cookies to support the individual duration on which a user is on this site and watched the video

The embbed youtube video is about 14 minutes and plays autostart and users regularely visit this specific site again, but most off them doesn't watch it to the end. It would be great if there is an option to auto-resume the video on the last left off.
02-19-2016, 12:38 AM (This post was last modified: 02-19-2016 12:39 AM by ѕ¢σяρισ.)
(02-18-2016 09:52 PM)ziiiz Wrote:  Hi

big thanks for the explanation!

Do you know any 3rd party tool which can do that automatically?
I think it must be controlled by cookies to support the individual duration on which a user is on this site and watched the video

The embbed youtube video is about 14 minutes and plays autostart and users regularely visit this specific site again, but most off them doesn't watch it to the end. It would be great if there is an option to auto-resume the video on the last left off.

I found only these.

server side
Code:
https://github.com/eugenox/yays
http://eugenox.appspot.com/script/yays

client side
Code:
chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/video-resumer/bongjkoajofkfpofginnhecihgaeldpe?hl=en
⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ [MVP Access] on MoneyVIPProgram.com ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐
02-19-2016, 06:11 AM
As I saw,this script controls video playback and set the preferred player size and playback quality. Unfurtunately no option to resume from the last position

I wonder that there is no solution for this. A possible market niche..?
I know some Browser extensions can do that, but i'm looking for a server side solution.

Thanks for your help!
36.gif
01-29-2019, 09:10 PM
Is there any code snippet I can use to have the video start from where they left off?
02-20-2019, 10:53 PM
Whenever you open a video page on the video hosting site YouTube, it starts to play from the beginning. While that is not an issue if you never opened the video before, it is one if you want to resume a video that you played before.

There are several extensions available for Google Chrome that provide you with options to resume videos that you have started to watch before on the video hosting site.
04-25-2019, 06:00 AM
Google Chrome

Video Resumer works automatically, which means that it will remember the position of any video you watch on YouTube, including embedded videos on third-party websites regardless of how you end playback.

Also, it won't remember positions if only five seconds or less of playback are left, and will forget about videos after seven days.

Firefox

Video Resumer for Firefox has been created by the same company that developed the Chrome extension. It offers the same feature set and will resume videos automatically if you stop playback in one way or the other.

49.gif