55.gif

Search (advanced search)
Use this Search form before posting, asking or make a new thread.
Tips: Use Quotation mark to search words (eg. "How To Make Money Online")

06-08-2016, 10:28 PM
[REQ] Need help running RemixOS on VirtualBox
Somehow having difficulties getting RemixOS to run properly on VirtualBox.
Searched everywhere online but could not find a solution.
Can't get google playstore to function well or install any apps, or change resolution.

Willing to do it again from scratch.

If anyone has successfully gotten RemixOS to run on a Virtual Machine,
Please assist.
06-13-2016, 08:23 PM
RE: [REQ] Need help running RemixOS on VirtualBox
two things - 1, if you didn't specify the partition type, it should be ext3 for Android Mobile, and (obviously i hope) Linux 2.6 operating system. 2. Mobile OS's typically use "Headless" startup mode.

Use the RemixOS built-in drive format utility (forget what its called) to reformat your sda1 to ext3, and continue install as normally. Use Headless Start. I've installed Android x86 and several variants of android OS with vbox, and know RemixOS is vbox friendly, but havent done it myself - I know the install processes are literally THE EXACT SAME though, so it should work given the above..

OR...

AMIDuOS and GenyMotion work pretty solid - when they feel like it. Seriously, as well as they CAN work, these are two tempermental, D***H*** emulators that do what the hell they feel like. Play nice and you can run whatever youre trying to use RemixOS for over a straight emulator.
06-22-2016, 03:41 PM
RE: [REQ] Need help running RemixOS on VirtualBox
@jethroucc : I needed RemixOS , because, got to know it updates itself automatically and that also supports Right Mouse Click..
I don't need this for games or other apps.. for that BlueStacks is good.

I was just thinking of running the Udemy Android app on RemixOS so that it could download the lectures I want to study and keep them ready for viewing .. and I could watch them on my TV :) .. And since I could give it any amount of hard drive space I don't have to worry about deleting stuff all the time ,which I need to do in BlueStacks..

Udemy sometimes buffers for High quality video lectures on my connection..

Thank you so much for your response..

Udemy needs to have some app for PS3..

76.gif